Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 1-6-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings Throwdowners!! ... Here we go on the 2012 Race To St Paddy's Day! ... I hope to make a better showing in this race than the last two ... Your resident Chimp has not been much of a leader or inspiration in the weight loss department but I am sure I taught a few lessons on what not to do!!!!

I have had a better week in the weight loss department; down 3.5 pounds ... I have not felt much like binging so I guess that helped ... Oh, I almost forgot, even though all the test revealed no cause for the pain in my belly:mad2: it did show a slight rise in blood sugar and that means, yes, TheChimp is going to cut way back on sweets .... I am sure to get grumpy so if Mrs. Chimp throws me out keep a candle burning in the window for me

2012 Race To St Paddy's Day Start Weight: 226.5
This Week: 223.0
Down: 3.5

Good job, resident Geezer!

I haven't weighed yet. I might later on, otherwise it will be tomorrow. I am feeling a little better today and hope I've turned the corner on this week-long cold. DH has caught it, and I expect that he will have a short work week.

Catch everyone on the flip side . . . .

Good job, resident Geezer!

I haven't weighed yet. I might later on, otherwise it will be tomorrow. I am feeling a little better today and hope I've turned the corner on this week-long cold. DH has caught it, and I expect that he will have a short work week.

Catch everyone on the flip side . . . .

Sorry DH is sick and glad you are on the mend ... the stuff that has been going around at work last a week or two ... hope it stays away from me!!!!

Does anyone post starting weight anywhere ?

I was hot to trot on weight loss, still am but got well and so did my appetite. I can't go back where I was, I gained 4 pounds the past month.
I have a online health coach from my work insurance that calls me every 2 months. I told him need to drop another bowling ball, he records these calls and knows my weight.
I need to get some discipline in my life concerning my urge to gobble the goodies.

Brad

Does anyone post starting weight anywhere ?

I was hot to trot on weight loss, still am but got well and so did my appetite. I can't go back where I was, I gained 4 pounds the past month.
I have a online health coach from my work insurance that calls me every 2 months. I told him need to drop another bowling ball, he records these calls and knows my weight.
I need to get some discipline in my life concerning my urge to gobble the goodies.

Brad

Hi Brad ... You are welcome to join the Throwdown and the fun that goes along with it... The only rule is that we are always kind ... You can post your weight or not ... we start a new thread each week ... we are just starting the Race To St Paddy's Day and it's a great time to join in ... this is a good place to get support and keep yourself accountable!!!

Good luck with your weight loss quest and I hope you join us!!!

Hi Brad, hope you'll join the Throwdown. Usually we wait for Cooker or Superbob to start a new weekly thread, then post our weights for the week on it. Sometimes people don't tell their actual weight, just how much they've gained or lost since the last time they posted. As Cooker says, we're always kind to each other concerning our trials and tribulations with weight maintenance. We try to stress the positive and overlook the negatives in our replies.

On to other matters . . . . I did go ahead and weigh (officially) today.

Last week: 159
This week: 157.5
Loss: 1.5 pounds

Hi Brad, hope you'll join the Throwdown. Usually we wait for Cooker or Superbob to start a new weekly thread, then post our weights for the week on it. Sometimes people don't tell their actual weight, just how much they've gained or lost since the last time they posted. As Cooker says, we're always kind to each other concerning our trials and tribulations with weight maintenance. We try to stress the positive and overlook the negatives in our replies.

On to other matters . . . . I did go ahead and weigh (officially) today.

Last week: 159
This week: 157.5
Loss: 1.5 pounds

Yahooooo .... Way to go Duffey .... that ought to help you feel better!!!!!

Crimey, it's another Throwdown week already?:eek2:Superbob is just catching up on this reality.

Good goin' Mr. Chimp and Duffey. Welcome, Brad!

Superbob will plan to weigh in Saturday. He has a very early meeting tomorrow morning having to do with the Palmetto State suddenly being heavily courted. :cool2:

Will our first weight be the starting weight for the Sprint to Saint Paddy's Day?

Best to all..

Ok thanks for the welcome everyone, so..........do we weigh Neked or clothed .....???? ha ha ha
I'll choose Neked, will weigh in tomorrow .

Brad

Crimey, it's another Throwdown week already?:eek2:Superbob is just catching up on this reality.

Good goin' Mr. Chimp and Duffey. Welcome, Brad!

Superbob will plan to weigh in Saturday. He has a very early meeting tomorrow morning having to do with the Palmetto State suddenly being heavily courted. :cool2:

Will our first weight be the starting weight for the Sprint to Saint Paddy's Day?

Best to all..

Bob ... I'm using my final weight for the Holiday maintenance ... anyone not in on the "sprint/stroll" can use this weeks weight or as you know whatever weight the choose......

Ok thanks for the welcome everyone, so..........do we weigh Neked or clothed .....???? ha ha ha
I'll choose Neked, will weigh in tomorrow .

Brad

Brad ... I think most of us weigh nekkid .... but if you are shy you can keep your clothes on :biggrin2:

12/30/11 weight: 139.0
1/6/12 weight 138.6
Goal for St Pat's 134.0

That's "dry weight" as in: nekkid, and empty, first thing in the morning. It gives you the most reliable reading. But it's chilly in the winter time!

Superbob' starting weight in the Sprint to Saint Paddy's Day (capeless, nekkid) is:

117.934 kg

For those of you who have not joined Superbob in going metric and global, that is:

260 pounds

:smile2::thumbup:

My starting weight for the race to St. Paddy's is 187.3. I have been a bad boy and really really need to become a good boy.

Cindy hasn't mentioned weighing, but she has mentioned how she's not happy with her weight. She'll fess up when she's ready I guess.

12/30/11 weight: 139.0
1/6/12 weight 138.6
Goal for St Pat's 134.0

That's "dry weight" as in: nekkid, and empty, first thing in the morning. It gives you the most reliable reading. But it's chilly in the winter time!

I was going to say the same thing nekkid, empty and first thing in the morning. I need all the help I can get.

OK looks like everyone is ready for the race. We can do this. Cooker and Duffy hope you're both feeling better. I had a good week weight wise but tough to get off all the sweets, treats, chips, dips etc. I've got most of it out of the house. I'm down 3 lbs this week.

Way to go gang!!! .... Everyone is signing in and gearing up for the race to SPD (3-17-12, Saturday)!!!! ... I'm excited about shedding a few to fifteen pounds ... I can not believe I let myself put on this much weight ... I talked to the powers to be here and got a good dose of "get-er done" .... Onward and downward!!!!:thumbup:

OK looks like everyone is ready for the race. We can do this. Cooker and Duffy hope you're both feeling better. I had a good week weight wise but tough to get off all the sweets, treats, chips, dips etc. I've got most of it out of the house. I'm down 3 lbs this week.

Way to go, Marie!:smile2::smile2:

Cooker, you sound ready to rumble . . . . Good!:thumbup:

Where's Nelson hiding out? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Nelson! Come out, come out, wherever you are!:tongue2::tongue2:

Come on Nelson, report in -- we miss you!

As for Superbob's Saturday eating...not pretty. Encountered a cranberry-orange scone at the mall Starbucks, and naturally had to have it. Then went to a honky tonk on the Boardwalk (pretty day at the beach, saw horseback riders though unfortunately no Lady Godivas :tongue2:) and had a footlong hot dog with a whole bunch of coleslaw on it -- guess that and the relish constituted my veggies for the day...:D

Last edited:
Slowly but surely I'm starting to feel like my old self with old being the key word:tongue2: ... The weight is starting a slight downward trend and I think I can keep it in that direction as long as I can stay away from sweets ... I have started some exercise but I'm really trying to start slow and stay with a reasonable routine with reasonable expectations ... Hope all Throwdowners are having a good week and that the RTSPD will result in the loss of tonage:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back