Cooker's Throwdown Friday II...8-7-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walking Stick

Walking Stick

Don't laugh, this is serious. I have had the same walking stick for years. It was a very sturdy Indonesia one my daughter got for me many, many years ago. God knows how many miles I have walked with it. I have been leaving it after our walks propped up beside the front door. Next to Superdawg, it is the most important thing for my walks. Now it's gone missing. I hate to think someone stole it. I might have absent-mindedly laid it down while walking (I am old, you know) and someone picked it up.

Anyway, does anyone know where you can go to buy a good walking stick? I don't want a regular medical cane. Too macho for that (hahahahahaha).. doubt I'll ever find one like old reliable, but I need one. I've been putting it behind my back at times on walks to stretch out and overcome my spinal stenosis, relieve the pain and keep walking.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Okay, false alarm! The grandkiddies pointed out to me where the walking stick had walked. : ) Bless their little pea-picking hearts! Granbonny is laughing at me from up yonder for not thinking of the grandkiddies as a source of info re missing objects! Still if someone knows a place to get good walking sticks, this old man wouldn't
mind having a backup. (Okay let the jokes proceed about The Old Man and His Walking Stick. ; )

Oh - I was feeling so bad for you. Glad to read your edit. I'd like to know where to get a good walking stick too. I just think they're cool.

I've got a nice piece of Black walnut put aside to make a stick from when I need one. The only problem is I need to learn how to carve. Good to see that most people lost this week.

I regret that I am not going to be weighing in for awhile while I have my surgery. I am at ten days & counting & don't have time to worry about it much. I might get in one more weigh but please forgive me if I do not. I hope to be back asap, and maybe I'll lose some in the hospital.

Don't laugh, this is serious. I have had the same walking stick for years. It was a very sturdy Indonesia one my daughter got for me many, many years ago. God knows how many miles I have walked with it. I have been leaving it after our walks propped up beside the front door. Next to Superdawg, it is the most important thing for my walks. Now it's gone missing. I hate to think someone stole it. I might have absent-mindedly laid it down while walking (I am old, you know) and someone picked it up.

Anyway, does anyone know where you can go to buy a good walking stick? I don't want a regular medical cane. Too macho for that (hahahahahaha).. doubt I'll ever find one like old reliable, but I need one. I've been putting it behind my back at times on walks to stretch out and overcome my spinal stenosis, relieve the pain and keep walking.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Okay, false alarm! The grandkiddies pointed out to me where the walking stick had walked. : ) Bless their little pea-picking hearts! Granbonny is laughing at me from up yonder for not thinking of the grandkiddies as a source of info re missing objects! Still if someone knows a place to get good walking sticks, this old man wouldn't
mind having a backup. (Okay let the jokes proceed about The Old Man and His Walking Stick. ; )

I have a straight hiking stick that I bought in the mountains years ago ,,, I had to shorten it into a walking stick but it is hard wood and good for support or wacking someone if needed .... I would be glad to pick one up for you when we meet Wise and Cindy in October and UPS it to you.....

I have a straight hiking stick that I bought in the mountains years ago ,,, I had to shorten it into a walking stick but it is hard wood and good for support or wacking someone if needed .... I would be glad to pick one up for you when we meet Wise and Cindy in October and UPS it to you.....

Much appreciate the willingness, but now that I've got Old Reliable back, no need to go to that trouble. When I walk late at night, I do think about the usefulness of whacking someone if necessary.

Haven't posted here in awhile...kinda gave up.Seems like nothing works for me.
But since I haven't gained too much,maybe 1-2 lbs,I'm going to put a lid on it now.
So,for the record I plan on making my goal (140) by Halloween.
Thats 20 lbs!! Maybe I should place a wager..?

Glad to hear of all the losses from you all:)

Haven't posted here in awhile...kinda gave up.Seems like nothing works for me.
But since I haven't gained too much,maybe 1-2 lbs,I'm going to put a lid on it now.
So,for the record I plan on making my goal (140) by Halloween.
Thats 20 lbs!! Maybe I should place a wager..?

Glad to hear of all the losses from you all:)

Dina!! ... Glad to have you back ... we all have ups and downs ... good luck with your goal!!!:)

Good luck, Dina!:D

I got down to 150.4, but after enjoying a 1,300 calorie pizookie from the new BJ's that opened up near our place (don't know what that is? It's a cookie in a very small pizza pan, topped with two scoops of real ice cream....perfectly dreamy!:D) I gained a pound. http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

I am down three pants sizes and my donkey;) looks smaller. Hopefully I'll be down one more size by the time school starts in September!

Good luck and congrats to all you other "losers"!

Good for you Debbie!

We've had a very good week. We have even exercised a good bit. I know we will each have losses tomorrow. It feels to be back on track in a real way.

BTW, let's not any of our recent controversy throw anyone off course, please. It doesn't matter if we were pro or con. It does matter if we eat a cow or a pig or an ice cream factory, etc. ;):D Friends are friends forever! (Hope that was okay to say).

We are going to Cracker Barrel tonight! You'd think that wouldn't be a good thing one day before weighing. However, it's not bad. I'm getting a vegetable plate with green beans, dumplings, and I don't know what else yet. FOR US, it has been one of the easiest places to get yummy lower point meals. I will eat one cornbread muffin, either without butter (which I can do) or with a just a touch.

I stepped on the scales this morning, and I was down from last week. Of course, when you've not really working the program, it's hard to know whether the loss will remain from one day to the next.;)
I guess tomorrow will tell . . . .
Enjoy Cracker Barrel for me too, Wise.:)

DW and I have our final home in the Lowlands but still have our previous home on the market. Not easy at all paying for two, so we watch our pennies. When watching either pennies or weight, Crackerbarrel is a good choice. Can get a good well-rounded meal, and can make low-carb selections -- they even have a low-carb menu. As Wise indicates, just have to exercise restraint on those always-delicious muffins and biscuits they bring you -- DW likes to take some home, so I try to make do with one with the meal.

And two can eat for around $20!

DW and I have our final home in the Lowlands but still have our previous home on the market. Not easy at all paying for two, so we watch our pennies. When watching either pennies or weight, Crackerbarrel is a good choice. Can get a good well-rounded meal, and can make low-carb selections -- they even have a low-carb menu. As Wise indicates, just have to exercise restraint on those always-delicious muffins and biscuits they bring you -- DW likes to take some home, so I try to make do with one with the meal.

And two can eat for around $20!

I even had a biscuit tonight. I had enough points to allow for it. The cornbread muffins are the best though!

Latest posts

Back