Cooker's Throwdown Friday II...8-14-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
For some strange reason I’ve had the munchies this week:rolleyes: .... Looks like quite a few of you are on track this week, wonderful:) ... I am predicting a gain this week .... You know what they say, “ shade in the summer and warmth in the winter:cool:

What a good guy to take a weight gain so the rest of us don't feel bad!:) You are the best!;):p

I will weigh pretty soon and then post my numbers. Last night I turned down a trip to the icecream shop, so if the scales are smart, they will record a loss.;) Otherwise, they WILL be made to suffer.:cool:

I've been scarfing down my food so fast I barely get to taste it. Twins are not conducive to dieting. :rolleyes: When I get a chance, I'll try to step on a scale.

I've been scarfing down my food so fast I barely get to taste it. Twins are not conducive to dieting. :rolleyes: When I get a chance, I'll try to step on a scale.

Don't forget to put the babies down before you step on the scales, Niki!:eek:;):p
I'm only down a pound . . . darn!:mad:
I'm going to be mean to those tricky scales.;) They displayed three different weights when I stepped on them:eek:Take your pick, eeney meeney miney moe!:p

After my bragging, I only lost .9 pounds. That's better than nothing. Still had a good week.

Cindy gave in to the cry of chicken livers at Cracker Barrel and refuses to weigh this morning. Who says that women are stronger than men?

Cooker, you'll bounce right back with a loss next week. Sorry for the blip in the road though.

Superbob is just hanging in there -- no gain, no pain, insane -- at the moment. :eek: Have company so it's hard to do the Friday weigh-in routine, which is more elaborate than what fighters go through before a bout.

Superbob has banned himself from the Krispy Kreme Factory and is trying to return to more sensible eating patterns. Factory workers have got their orders to forbid service to any guy who shows up wearing a cape with a big "S" across his chest. :p

Superbob has all confidence that Cooker will shed those pounds collected this week.

Staying the same, weight-loss due to stress still holding (as the stress still holds). But my beloved sister is coming up today for a weekend visit (she rarely gets time away from her Alpaca farm) and I'm sure we'll be doing some eating.

Three "stay the sames" and two losses is pretty good!:)
I also wanted to wish Tbone well with his surgery next week. What some people will do to get out of a weigh in!;):p:p
Just kidding, Tbone, can't wait until you're back with us on the thread.:)

Three "stay the sames" and two losses is pretty good!:)
I also wanted to wish Tbone well with his surgery next week. What some people will do to get out of a weigh in!;):p:p
Just kidding, Tbone, can't wait until you're back with us on the thread.:)

The "Ref" is being pretty generous with her praise today. The Redbirds being in first place must have put her in a good mood. :D:)

I'm down about 2 lbs, to 127.4, a pound and half under goal (yeah!).

But that was before I succumbed to my #2 boss' suggestion of sour cream chicken enchiladas for lunch. Poor dear, she got her home burglarized for the second time in 2 months, and she says the stress gives her the munchies....So we all had to empathize and go out for lunch!

Hi all - my first throwdown! I'm honored to be here!! I started my diet in earnest on Monday and haven't had a whole week yet, but I've lost 4.5 lbs! YES!!!:):D:) OK, being as I just started, at lot of this is water I know, but hey - I'll take it!

I'll have to warm up to sharing all the nitty gritty details, but maybe I'll 'woman-up' eventually. I'm trying to get 40 lbs off on orders/advice of surgeon. I can see it now: Good news is - you've lost 40 lbs. Bad news is - we are going to crack your chest open!

Great to commiserate/communicate with others who know how hard this is. I am an emotional eater, and this may well be one of the most emotional times in my life . Really having to resist that pint of Blue Bell Chocolate Chip cookie dough ice cream that somehow makes me feel so much better.... until it's empty.

Good week coming up for everyone next week - I feel it coming on.

Rhena

P.S. Don't you need some fat to fill out the wrinkles in your face?;):)

Well I said that I might post this week, but I was afraid of just this thing happening. Also, as you know this is a stressful week for me so I thought this would happen.

Starting weight 173
Last week 169
This week 172

It's in between the 172/173 so I went with the 172. I am going into the hospital & will be there a minimum of two weeks. I do not know when I can post next, or what to expect. When I come back there will be no more fooling around here I must get down to 155 - 160. I hope it goes well and I can exercise without losing my breath.

Good luck to all in the coming weeks and I hope you are all the biggest losers.

T-bone just think what the results could have been had you not at least made an effort! So gold star to you for perservering under stress. IMHO when in hospitals you are required to consume whatever comfort food is offered you. As you said, when it is over, then you can get back to business. Best of luck to you!!!!

Can it be Friday so I can report? ;) I happened to be passing by the scale nekkid, so I got on. I'm down 2 lbs!! :D Probably won't last 'til Friday, though, since I'm going out for lunch today. But, man, I've been craving Tex-Mex and can't wait! Bring on the chips and salsa! :D Though I'm sure the twinfants will make it so I don't eat as much of it as I normally would.

Latest posts

Back