Cooker's Throwdown Friday II . . . 5-22-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Well, I am down three this week but it is nothing less than a miracle as I have been feeding the sweet tooth just about every night:eek: ... Hey, maybe I have found the ?Perfect Diet?:p .... Hope all have had a good week and have managed to shed a pound or two.... I know we all live busy lives and it is hard to always stay on track when on the run ... I wish everyone a great week .... eat more chicken;)

Starting weight.......233
Last Weigh in ............197
This week..................194
Total Loss ..................39

Yikes, it's another Throwdown Week already? Tie me kangaroo down, sport! :p Superbob has been cruisin' the beach scene, expending a lot of calories but probably taking in more, so he must find just the right tropical blends to bring himself into balance in the next 24 hours. :rolleyes:

Hello everyone...I'm down 2 pounds..finally. I have been exercising more
and have been busy,which helps.
Cooker -glad to hear you are going in the right direction again,guess you don't have to grow the ponytail now:(

Hello everyone...I'm down 2 pounds..finally. I have been exercising more
and have been busy,which helps.
Cooker -glad to hear you are going in the right direction again,guess you don't have to grow the ponytail now:(

Great job on the loss .... when I retire I will let my freak flag fly:cool:

Yikes, it's another Throwdown Week already? Tie me kangaroo down, sport! :p Superbob has been cruisin' the beach scene, expending a lot of calories but probably taking in more, so he must find just the right tropical blends to bring himself into balance in the next 24 hours. :rolleyes:

SuperBob ..... remember .... the blend is proprietary ;)

Well, I've gained about 3 lbs back - even walking 4 mi. 3 days/week. Just simply have to cut out all sugar. Plain and simple. Have allowed myself a treat a day. And on back comes the weight. :(

Some good results had by our team...

Karlynn you are still doing better than me...there must be room for a treat somewhere...maybe just not one everyday...I have been allowing myself a small serve of that 70%cocoa dark chocolate...its low on fat and carbs but tastes deeliish...feeds the craving and so far hasnt made me gain back any of my hard earnt losses. Its all those highly processed white carbs (sugar I suppose) that I have virtually banished from my pantry.

this week I stay the same...ho hum...

Well, I've gained about 3 lbs back - even walking 4 mi. 3 days/week. Just simply have to cut out all sugar. Plain and simple. Have allowed myself a treat a day. And on back comes the weight. :(

Some good results had by our team...

Karlynn you are still doing better than me...there must be room for a treat somewhere...maybe just not one everyday...I have been allowing myself a small serve of that 70%cocoa dark chocolate...its low on fat and carbs but tastes deeliish...feeds the craving and so far hasnt made me gain back any of my hard earnt losses. Its all those highly processed white carbs (sugar I suppose) that I have virtually banished from my pantry.

this week I stay the same...ho hum...

I?m not sure you hit the nail on the head .... I have been eating salad for lunch and M&M?s (bag) for dinner and lost three .... must be a simian anomaly:D

I'm down a pound.:)
Ton, staying the same is always good.:)
Karlynn, that's 3 pounds of muscle.:)

Well I was having a good week until the Ice cream arrived. You have got to understand me & ice cream. Had two large servings since it's arrival. (almost a half gallon between them) Then my nephew was feeling down in the dumps so I offered to take him anywhere he wanted to go, ha, boy that went well. We went to Chipolte home of the whopper Burritos that can weigh up a couple pounds. I really don't like to waste food nonetheless I ate the whole thing. Results are as follows;

STARTING WEIGHT - 173
LAST WEEK - 166
THIS WEEK- 168

My bad. I promise to try harder this week.

Don't worry about it Tbone,
What's a little icecream and whopper burritos between friends?;):p
You'll get it off next week.:)

I've been behaving for nearly 3 years now. As of January 08 I was 2 pounds below goal of 129. After the ICD, I gained 4 pounds to 131 as of January 09. Now I'm up another 2 to 133.

I am not eating treats. I barely drink at all, although until the last few months the 4 glass/week wine intake was figured into my point/calorie count. I cut that out when the weight started bouncing up. We eat in restaurants maybe once every 2 weeks because of my salt issues.

I am taking my lasix, I am watching/counting my WW points, and this week I've increased my exercise by fast walking for at least 20 minutes every day at lunchtime, in addition to my evening dog training/walking/weights and/or elliptical work.

Total: 4 pounds over goal right now, mostly tummy and hips, and it ain't muscle. What's a girl to do????

Oh all of you people are so damn GOOD! :D

Superbob's schedule today: miles of walking with Superdawg in her role as chick magnet.

Get a Starbucks coffee and a blueberry scone for predictable midmorning sugar crash.

After a high-protein lunch, go to intense workout in the exercise room, surrounded by three gorgeous young blondes. Steely SB is still sweaty from that.

Next will be a swim in the pool where SB will swim laps while guarding all the young moms and their kiddies. (This is his community service.) :D

Has SB been anywhere near a set of scales? Nooooooo (unless there is one in the weight room).

But perhaps SB will weigh in the morning to gauge the effect of this high cal in/high cal out lifestyle. Personally, I think ol' SB is doing good just to have his bionic heart still beating after all this stimulating activity. ;)

Okay, Superbob is doing far too much gloating and glossing over his lack of accountability. :eek:

He WILL weigh in the morning.

He WILL strive to act his age.

He WILL try to eat a more balanced diet rather than eating like he is on vacation non-stop.

Plus, he will wear blinders when out in public, as supplied by his DW. :rolleyes:

He has promised me all this. ;)

Meanwhile, congratulations to all of those of you who have been good. Please do not be led astray by the errant "Superhero." :eek:

OK, newbie here. Is this throw down open to the public? I could use a little friendly competition...As if recovering from heart surgery isn't enough motivation.

OK, newbie here. Is this throw down open to the public? I could use a little friendly competition...As if recovering from heart surgery isn't enough motivation.

Absolutely, Phil -- jump right in! No strict rules-- just declare your goal and announce your progress toward meeting it on every Friday or so (I am still trying to work up the courage to weigh in this week).

Welcome!

OK here goes:
177.2 today.

Pre-surgery 190ish
Down to 180ish right before surgery
Goal is to stay right around 170, dump the rest of the belly and add some muscle.

The kicker is my weight fluctuates quite a bite depending on how active my crohn's disease is, right now very active and not happy with my Warfarin...Making it difficult to walk. I'm about 4.5 weeks post surgery and my weight has been as high as 179 and as low as 170, freaked out the docs at first.

Thanks for letting me join in your reindeer games :).

Latest posts

Back