Cooker's Throwdown Friday .... 5-1-2015

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Up, up and away!!! SuperChimp has gained 4.5 and can account for it all. Still trying to get over the crud (better) and surgery is healing but still some issues. No excuses on my end except that weight loss is not a priority at this time. Life is hectic and I eat when and what I can.

How did you do? Hope all of the Throwdowners are well!!

2015 Starting Weight: 243.50

Last Week's Weight: 233.00
This Week's Weight: 237.50

I did weigh last week and this week, just have been very busy. 196.5 last week. 196.3 this week. We're having a Kentucky Derby party tomorrow, so that will be a splurge day to say the least. Have a good week everyone!

A Kentucky Derby party sounds like great fun! Enjoy yourself, Wise! Cooker, I hope all issues resolve soon. I'm down a pound, but I'm more pleased that I have managed to walk five days straight! I'm feeling pretty determined; I hope it lasts!

Cooker, sometimes you have to deal with things the best you can and dieting may not be number one on the list. Hope you heal up soon!

go Kentucky Flash! I noticed one of our fine eateries in Murrells Inlet is having a big Derby party -- sounded fun, but we'll probably just watch it on our home TV. Have fun. I have no idea what horses are running, but the winner of course will be instantly famous -- will this be the horse to win a Triple Crown blah blah blah. All I can say is there won't ever be another Secretariat but have fun trying.
I haven't weighed this week -- have biked and mall-walked today and ate a nice chicken salad wrap. Maybe that's all good. I had an interview for the spinal stenosis study -- they were super nice to me and DW but I didn't qualify (they are selecting only 6 in this region, and 120 nationally) because I don't have enough pain radiating from my back down my legs. (Good amount of lower back pain, though, but that's not "good enough." Ha. Coulda lied -- but my Mama taught me not to.) Guess all that added up couldn't be a bad thing, really. Even if I had qualified, not sure I would have gone ahead with it, cause idea of them sticking an instrument in your lower spine is kinda icky/scary. So I'll stay with "natural" remedies for now…. Exercise, maybe more chiropractic if I can find one I can afford, maybe aqua, maybe yoga, maybe a getaway to a south seas island populated by tropical beauties (I am a dreamer).

'kay, maybe I will get brave and weigh in a day or two.

Last edited:
I agree Superbob, there will never be another Secretariat. Yes, they like to stir up the Triple Crown talk ever year. Good for betting maybe. I'm impressed that anyplace outside of Kentucky is having a Derby Party. I would watch from home as well, even I think it's cool they're having it. I love Derby day itself. I like going through the racing form and picking my favorites, which I won't do until tomorrow. It's like having a sports season that last only one day. I can handle one day, ha. I sure hope you are able to get the help/treatment you need to diminish your pain!

Didn't pick the winner of the Derby, but we had a ball at our party. Friends are the cream of the crop! Hope everyone's having a good Monday.

Back