Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 11-14-14

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
I can't believe I'm posting this mornings weight! I have always tried to stay true and honest with my situation (Throwdown wise) in these post and I hope that this mornings shock when I stepped on the scales will have the effect of getting me back on track.... was planning a trip to J Gumbo's for lunch ... maybe they have a Cajun salad ;-)

I'm up 6.75 from last post. As an aging heart patient I know the importance of weight management and I seem to be managing to continue to gain... Not complaining, not disgusted, not surprised and not giving up ..... M&M's are SO small but yet seem to have a BIG impact on my waistline :p

How did you do?

Have a great week .... peace out....

RTNYD15 Starting Weight: 230.75
Last Weigh-in : 233.50
Today's Weight: 240.25

Cooker, I had the same sort of shock about a month back when I stepped on the scales. Let's look on the bright side: We are keeping track, and we do care, and when we get out of whack, we try to get back under control. Since my moment of shock, I have trimmed 5 but I am nowhere near where I need to be. The past week or so, I seem struck on the same number but at least I haven't been going up. Had some dessert but tried to keep it in moderation. And I have added more exercise-biking in to compensate for difficulty of walking miles (just started with chiro to try to work my way back fully on the trails. Massage and some of the other therapy he recommends in addition to adjustments may help.Hope so.)….

Will check weight again tomorrow or Saturday.

I have found that after 50, it has been twice the work with half the results when it comes to weight control and exercise. Bah! We've all just got to keep on keepin on!

so I lost two-tenths of one pound this week. Don't laugh -- it's something. And mbeard is so right. Factoring in my advanced age and the extra difficulty of losing weight, two-tenths should equate to two pounds! :Face-Laugh:

Hey, everybody,

Up and down a 1/2 pound or 1, is great!!!!! When it is as cold as it has been, I just want to stay in bed. Then today it was 30 degrees warmer. Really? Pretty interesting college football this weekend right? Guess I am prejudiced...Roll Tide!

o-tay, time to get my walking stick and walk my loyal dawg as best I can -- knew I shouldn't have eaten that big ol' burger last night -- or, if eating it, should have dispensed with the big ol' bun and eaten it with a fork and knife. Have a pound to reclaim today -- continuing struggle…...:Happy:

Had my cardio visit yesterday and all is well except the waistline and I'm working on that. Lets keep Duffey in our prayers as she continues to recover from her tonsillectomy ... that surgery is MUCH tougher on adults than kids.... BIG HUGS TO DUFFEY!!!!

Prayers and good thoughts for Duffey. Glad to hear the good report Señor Chimp. El SB, continued prayers that your new chiro doc's treatment and regimen will bring to fruition your goals and lessen or eliminate your pain.

Thanks very much, Wise! Thought about you as Vols were putting a football whupping on the 'Cats, but with basketball season starting, I'm sure we will see Kentucky's revenge. I m afraid to say much (cause the problem goes back and forth, from bad to fair to not too bad), but yesterday mobility was better. Have done just a couple of planned 30 sessions, plus 24 "therapies" to come with chiro, so hopefully we are on a good path….

Last night, we had the grandkiddies and their parents over for DW's renowned beef stew, and since the grands don't like stewy stuff we fixed Nathan's hot dogs for them. Hot dogs are like potato chips to me -- hard to resist. So I ate less stew than usual, then wolfed down two hot dogs after dinner was over -- just had to, ugh! Well, it's a new day -- cool, good for walking Superdawg, Workout room beckons, then chiro visit --- need to get back on track. Again.:Face-Angel:

Superbob;n849755 said:
Thanks very much, Wise! Thought about you as Vols were putting a football whupping on the 'Cats, but with basketball season starting, I'm sure we will see Kentucky's revenge. I m afraid to say much (cause the problem goes back and forth, from bad to fair to not too bad), but yesterday mobility was better. Have done just a couple of planned 30 sessions, plus 24 "therapies" to come with chiro, so hopefully we are on a good path….

Last night, we had the grandkiddies and their parents over for DW's renowned beef stew, and since the grands don't like stewy stuff we fixed Nathan's hot dogs for them. Hot dogs are like potato chips to me -- hard to resist. So I ate less stew than usual, then wolfed down two hot dogs after dinner was over -- just had to, ugh! Well, it's a new day -- cool, good for walking Superdawg, Workout room beckons, then chiro visit --- need to get back on track. Again.:Face-Angel:

Congrats to the Vols! I heard some of the game over the radio while Cindy listened to it, until she finally had enough at the end of the third quarter. That's saying something because she never gives up on a game. The football Wildcats aren't very wild and so unlike typical cats in that other teams can easily figure them out. The basketball cats are my favorite, you are right about that. I do think this team will have some losses that leave the fans scratching their heads, but will that will have a memorable season. I think that Kansas wins tonight, but don't tell Cindy because she hates it when I say stuff like that. ; )

I would wager a bet that Mrs. SB's beef stew is excelente y delicioso. I like a good hotdog too, you are not alone.

Latest posts

Back