Cooker’s ThrowDown Friday III ... 12-18-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christmas Eating's from a snowy Paris, its been snowing here for the last two days. On Thursday I went to collect Fiona (my daughter ) from school.
As she was coming out the gate I perfectly lobbed a snowball over the heads of all awaiting parents and hit her neatly on the head BULLSEYE!
She smiled and frowned at the same time, so I asked her 'what's wrong ?'--> ' c'est interdit de jeter des ballons de neige!!!'' Oh how times have changed!
Once we were a safe distance from the school we had a snowball fight all the way home.
As I was the only parent enjoying the snow, I was wondering is there something wrong with me or something wrong with everyone else?.
That's enough philosophising for today - now to get back to the real business.
Starting weight 190.3
12/04/09 --> 190.3
12/11/09 --> 188.8
12/18/09 --> 190.3

Sorry chimp I think I am as weak as you when it comes to denying myself the good things in life!!
Tomorrow I am in big trouble, as I am going to Ireland for Christmas and of course I will have to have a pint or two of Guinness with family and friends. As you know in an Irish pub everyone is your friend !
Just in case I get lost in a haze of Guinness
Happy Christmas to all

Art,
Me thinks you need to do more of the French "staying up late" and all the activity that involves and less time lost in denial with the chimp.;) After all, my wager is on you for this throwdown.:D
(Now I'll duck to miss the snowball Chimpy is lobbing at me).:p:p

Snow in Paris - how lovely! I definitely don't think it was you Art - my inner child comes out anytime there is snow - I see so little of it in my part of Texas. I always like to play in it! It doesn't snow all that often in Paris either as I recall. Especially not for 2 days! Il faut être très ,très beau ou belle - whatever.

Well the holidays are getting to me too - even the little bit of indulging I've allowed myself. I stayed exactly the same this week- the scale didn't budge a bit. I'll take no gain as a win this time of year.

Enjoy your Guiness Art and your trip home to Ireland and all your Christmas eats- probably raining there! :p I'm heading to the Caribbean in less than two weeks, but who is counting?

Mary, I'm not sure who I'm betting on in the Chimp Vs. Art challenge... maybe I'll have to support the resident ape. Either way whatever both of them lose is going to add to our collective throwdown group loss so may the best loser win!!

Rhena

Superbob has gained sixth-tenths of a pound this week. Bah humbug! :mad:

Superbob, those are the sixth-tenths I LOST this week! Sorry good friend. Don't worry though, they will come off again soon but they are not welcome back this way. So better toss them to the east when there is an offshore wind.

I'm going to start a new thread to post about my husband. Thanks for letting me hide in here with you guys for a while during the roller coaster ride we've been on....you don't know how much I appreciate it.

I'm hiding out in "our" thread too.
I am feeling down in the dumps. Our son's long waited arrival home has been delayed due to the storm raging on the East coast.
I believed that he was on a plane home when I received a message that flights into DC were cancelled, and now he will be doing good to make it in by Christmas eve.
It could be much worse. I know that. I just don't feel like being chipper and happy about it at the moment.
I've got homemade pumpkin/date bread in the oven, and I intend to drown my sorrows in it shortly. :(

I am feeling down in the dumps. Our son's long waited arrival home has been delayed due to the storm raging on the East coast.
I believed that he was on a plane home when I received a message that flights into DC were cancelled, and now he will be doing good to make it in by Christmas eve.
It could be much worse. I know that. I just don't feel like being chipper and happy about it at the moment.
I've got homemade pumpkin/date bread in the oven, and I intend to drown my sorrows in it shortly. :(

I think sometimes that you should not be required to be chipper. Eat the bread and don't worry about your waist during your wait. Hugs and love to all of you.

Art,
Me thinks you need to do more of the French "staying up late" and all the activity that involves and less time lost in denial with the chimp.;) After all, my wager is on you for this throwdown.:D
(Now I'll duck to miss the snowball Chimpy is lobbing at me).:p:p

Um ... Chimps are noted for throwing other things:eek::p

Oh, Mary. How much you were hoping to have him home without any delays. I'm so sorry. There is something comforting hanging out in our thread though isn't there?

I'm so sorry about the delay in your son's homecoming, Mary. I hope and pray he will be safely there sooner than it seems feasible now, with the storm underway.

I'm going to Tennessee (SuperCountry) to retrieve my wife; meeting stepdaughter halfway. I think the weather will be okay in the stretch of 65 and 24 between Louisville and below Nashville.

Anyway, I'm getting ready and will stop at WW to weigh in. I think I'm down, so why not take advantage of it. I don't even have to ask to know that Cindy did NOT weigh this week either. I think she resisted one cookie this week at our granddaughter's preschool Christmas party; other than the cookie, it doesn't sound like there was much resisting. :p She had a very good visit and birthday during the visit (filet mignon, Cheesecake Factory cheesecake :D)

I'll report either just before I leave or much later today. Good Saturday to all.

Okay, so I had to stop by to pick up gifts I forget that are going to Georgia with stepdaughter & kids.

So, I'll report my weight.

Starting Weight: 194.2
Last Week: 186
This Week: 185.2
Total Loss: 9

Yippee! If I lose at all, I'm happy. I have so far been able to control myself during 'tis season.

Okay, so I had to stop by to pick up gifts I forget that are going to Georgia with stepdaughter & kids.

So, I'll report my weight.

Starting Weight: 194.2
Last Week: 186
This Week: 185.2
Total Loss: 9

Yippee! If I lose at all, I'm happy. I have so far been able to control myself during 'tis season.

Congratulations, Wise!:)

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear your son is not going to make it in today. I say drown your sorrows in that bread. It sounds yummy

Come on, Chimpster -- you surely haven't slowed down your Christmas feasting....Need to post some more accounts -- and photos -- so we can enjoy vicariously. :p Maybe I'll give you more Hooters photos in return (but will have to wait til my next birthday -- only get away with that on my birthday. :p )

Dunno about Chimpster, but I tried four new cookie recipes yesterday. No one in ther house could agree on which was the best, so we had to keep sampling!;):p:p

I think there are a lot of cookie experts here who could also add their professional opinion as to which of your cookies is the best!

plop plop fiz fiz:D

picture.php

Back