Conversation with awesome 88 yr old

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kailin

Had a wonderful phone conversation recently with a woman who still lives alone at the age of 88, about BAV replacement.

She had her surgery about 18 months ago, when she was 86.

Her symptoms were so severe, she said, that she couldn't walk comfortably across her living room without getting out of breath.

Today, she's on 4 meds total, one of which is baby aspirin. She said she feels 15 years younger.

Have not yet met her in person, but hope I'll get the opportunity before I go for my own surgery.

So encouraging, for me, at the young age of 67!

------
BAV w severe stenosis diagnosed 3/2010
Will schedule surgery soon as I get a new nest ready.

Kailin,

These are the folks who have the wealth of experience and can truly give us hope that we can do "it" too.

At your young age, should be just a regular day at the office for the docs. (I just had my BAV replaced at 63 - not the "walk in the park" we expected, but I'm doing fine at 9 weeks.)

And mine's been pretty close to a walk, at 65 (now 66). Steve's case is way more complex than average, though his recent sprint toward "normal" is much more. . . normal!

Kailin, I should also note that my daughter works in healthcare and she simply loves working with older folks. She loves to hear of the experiences thay have had and what life was like long ago.

Back