Connective Tissue Disorder

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matbunch

As you know....BAVD is connected to a Connective Tissue Disorder, hence the problems with the Aorta. I am on a quest for information about this....so I am asking all of you.....

Besides the Aorta....is BAVD connected to any other connective tissue problems in the body?

I am having difficulty with a frozen shoulder. According to Mayo Clinic website a frozen shoulder is:

The bones, ligaments and tendons that make up your shoulder joint are encased in a capsule of connective tissue. Frozen shoulder occurs when this capsule thickens and tightens around the shoulder joint, restricting its movement.

Doctors aren't sure why this happens to some people and not to others

This immediately rang a bell in my mind and made me wonder if this was connected to my BAVD.

Any ideas? Experiences? Hints? Leads?

I would appreciate your input.....

Thanks!
Kristin

Having been seen by a geneticist in London who was involved in discovering the Marfan Gene I was told that I had Hypermobility Syndrome.
This can cause lax joints, varicose veins, "double joints" in fingers and toes and being prone to hernias.
Again this syndrome is on a continuum and problems vary from one individual to another.

I have had had my aortic valve replaced and am now being assessed for aortic root surgery.

Adrienne :cool:

Latest posts

Back