Condition found during cancer checkup

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canon4me

Got back on Friday from my cancer checkup at Mayo. In one of my CT scans they found pulmonary Atelectasis. It sounds like this has probably been present since my AVR on 6/5/2013. Have any of you ever contracted this?

Got back on Friday from my cancer checkup at Mayo. In one of my CT scans they found pulmonary Atelectasis. It sounds like this has probably been present since my AVR on 6/5/2013. Have any of you ever contracted this?

Yes, I had this after surgery. My lower left lobe was collapsed also known as Atelectasis. I also had fluid on the lungs also known as pleural effusion. Within time, it resolved for me, but I did have shortness of breath because of both.

I am not sure what the extent of yours is, but you could contact your cardiologist or surgeon's office to get their input.

Oh, so THAT's what that is. Yeah, I had it, too. One lobe of my left lung took a long time to re-inflate (2-3 weeks?). I also had some pleural effusion once I got home. No prescription meds for it (for me), but the NP said to take ibuprofen to help reduce the inflammation. That helped me, and it resolved shortly.

Latest posts

Back