Coming to You from Hopkins

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbdheartman

I know MaryK posted, but I just wanted to give you my own update. Surgery was on Friday and took about 4-5 hours. Post-op, the immediately hardest thing was that darn intubation tube. My father relayed the great knews that the valve had been spared. Dr. Cameron told me the next morning that he had gotten rid of all the leakage which also seems to be good news.

I definitely feel like a Mack Truck hit me and I certainly did not realize how much we uses are arms for things and how much of a limitation that would be.

The pain has gotten in front of me a couple of times, but I am hoping to stay in front of it today.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Also, thank you to all who walked with me and helped me see the wisdom of going forward with this now.

well, you must be feeling not too bad now if all that there is to complain about is the vent tube! I am happy all went as planned, and you didn't have to resort to Plan B.

Now, just take it easy - eat, sleep, walk, breathe and repeat is somewhat of a mantra around here!

Great news. Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Just take it easy, rest, breathe, eat and then rest some more. Ya try to stay in front of the pain rather than let it knock you down. Take Care:)

I think we often forget to tell members heading into surgery that there is going to be limited arm/upper torso movements for a little bit. It really impacts the getting into, and out of, bed.
I'm glad to read that you're doing well.:)

Welcome to the other side. You will find that you will get better fairly quickly. At this stage I would simply say to be sure to take your pain meds. If you do not hurt you are more likely to get up and move around, all of which will help you recover quicker.

So happy you are safely over the mountain and you were able to have the repair you wanted.

Hope you have a smooth, uneventful recovery.

Welcome to the other side. You will find that you will get better fairly quickly. At this stage I would simply say to be sure to take your pain meds. If you do not hurt you are more likely to get up and move around, all of which will help you recover quicker.
And remember you may have to ask for them while in the hospital...

It's really good to see your post! Hope you continue to do so well!

Im happy to hear that everything went well for you at Hopkins. Im sure that it's a relief to be rid of the anxiety and worry of the unknown. Now, you just need to heal and get better. Congratulations on your successful surgery!

well, looka yonder at who is up and postin. so good to see you and that you are doin so well. keep that up and you'll be home real soon. don't sneeze, tho. Blessins.......

I know MaryK posted, but I just wanted to give you my own update. Surgery was on Friday and took about 4-5 hours. Post-op, the immediately hardest thing was that darn intubation tube. My father relayed the great knews that the valve had been spared. Dr. Cameron told me the next morning that he had gotten rid of all the leakage which also seems to be good news.

I definitely feel like a Mack Truck hit me and I certainly did not realize how much we uses are arms for things and how much of a limitation that would be.

The pain has gotten in front of me a couple of times, but I am hoping to stay in front of it today.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Also, thank you to all who walked with me and helped me see the wisdom of going forward with this now.
Dude you have no idea how happy I am for you! I know you feel like crap, but no longer do you have that death sentence hanging over your head.

Your only job is eat, sleep, walk, and breath. Keep it up and you'll be home in a couple days.

I am hoping for you to have a smooth, bump free, and speedy recovery. Good luck & God Bless

I'm so glad to hear that your surgery was such a success. Yes, the breathing tube is at the top of my list too for things I don't want to have to do again. Pain meds are important at this point and remember to watch the clock so that you can ask for it when it is time. Sometimes they will ask you if you need meds but not always. So happy to welcome you over the mountain.

Surgery was on Friday and took about 4-5 hours.

Wow... Dr. Cameron is a veritable speed demon! My valve-sparing aorta replacement was closer to 12 hours. They had to replace all the way up to the arch for me, and chose to fix a hole in my heart (PFO) that they found during surgery -- maybe that accounts for the difference. Or maybe Dr. Cameron decided that he really didn't need to replace your aorta after all :).

Well, a faster surgery means less stress on the body... less time under anesthetics, less time on the heart-lung machine -- that has to be a good thing. Glad everything went so well!

Latest posts

Back