Columbia

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave5Baseball

What a horrible situation. Not what I expected to see when I woke up this morning. I feel terrible for friends and family of the crew. This definitely puts into perspective how lucky we are to wake up each day and cherish every moment we have.

Take care.

I agree Dave, it's not a good way to wake up. I can't even begin to imagine what their friends and family are going through right now, especially because they had a successful mission and were on their way back. It's a terrible situation.

Take care everyone.

Oh my God. How awful.
I read they were doing Mach 18.
This was just terrible.
Kev

This makes the second tragedy of the space shuttle fleet that I've seen. I never thought I'd see it happen again, but it did.
crying.gif

i agree, how sad for their families and friends and nasa.
i remember the day challenger exploded. i was home with my, then, 2 yr. old and i thought i was seeing things. it was shocking. this was the same.
imagine how excited their families were about their safe return and right before that, this horrible thing happens.
we are truly lucky to be alive and well.
-sylvia

I was watching this morning, and at first I thought they were talking about the challenger accident, I was shocked! How horrible for something like this to happen, 16 minutes before they were supposed to land? THis was such a good thing for the isrealis who'd had a lot of bad things happen to them, and it ended in tragedy. I'm glad to be alive, but I feel bad for the crew's families and friends.

How much more???

How much more???

What a sad, sad situation. How awful for the families of those we lost. How awful for our country. Just when we start to get a littly normalcy back in our lives we have something/someone else to mourn as a nation. How much more can our President take??? What a sad, sad situation.

I, TOO, REMEMBER THE DAY WHEN THE CHALLENGER EXPLODED AND HOW HORRIBLE IT WAS. OUR TV HAS BEEN ON ALL DAY WITH THE UPDATES... MY COUSIN CALLED ME THIS MORNING FROM FLORIDA...THEY HAD SEEN THE SPACE SHUTTLE TAKE OFF THE WEEK PRIOR FROM THEIR DECK...TO END LIKE THIS, JUST TOTALLY TRAGIC. I KNOW THAT CREW WILL BE IN MANY PEOPLE'S PRAYERS TODAY.

EVELYN

Challenger just had an anniversary ...

Challenger just had an anniversary ...

I remember reading it in the newspaper.

I'm just hoping the media/politicans are right and it wasn't an act of terrorism. How sad for their families.

Terry40

Sympathy

Sympathy

I too remember the Challenger..was watching it with special interest as the first teacher was on it ...I often wonder how her kids got on ..
What happened to the Columbia is yet another tragedy for the USA and for the families .My prayers are with your Country and the loved ones of those who died.

I don't know what to say other than I think of the
astronaut's families and send them my deepest condolences.
I read this, part the President's address and was reminded
of the address 10 years ago this week after the Challenger.

"All Americans today are thinking . . . of the families of
these men and women who have been given this sudden shock
and grief. You're not alone. Our entire nation grieves with
you. And those you loved will always have the respect and
gratitude of this country. . . .

In the skies today we saw destruction and tragedy. Yet
farther than we can see there is comfort and hope. In the
words of the prophet Isaiah, "Lift your eyes and look to the
heavens. Who created all these? He who brings out the starry
hosts one by one and calls them each by name. Because of His
great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing."

The same Creator who names the stars also knows the names of
the seven souls we mourn today. The crew of the shuttle
Columbia did not return safely to Earth; yet we can pray
that all are safely home. "

Scottie

PERSPECTIVE

PERSPECTIVE

I found it interesting to note that 2 tragic outcomes in 113 flights corresponds closely to the risk factors for Heart Surgery when there are NO expected complications.

In both cases, the participants go in knowing the risks but feel compelled to 'go for it', hoping for the best possible outcome.

It is a sobering perspective.

'AL'

Latest posts

Back