Coaguchek strips/controls

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVELYN

For those of you who, like us, are still waiting for the new strips to come out, I called Roche today and was told that strips will NOT be available before the FIRST QUARTER of 2007....some time around April at the earliest. I was also told that controls WILL be shipped with the strips that are owed to it's customers. FWIW

Also, we were just denied by Tyce's administrator to get a hemosense INRAtio, apparently they needed more information from the physician, so our cardio is calling them hopefully today. Apparently it's cheaper to pay the cost of the testing rather than buy a new machine for us.....disgraceful, but we'll keep appealing. Any suggestions anyone can give us would be most gratefully accepted.........

Evelyn

Hi Ev,

Sorry to hear it. Keep appealing.

Think I may have mentioned the reason I was denied? They will cover the unit for a patient with a chronic condition such as a mechanical heart valve. AS LONG AS....your last three tests were in range. Mine were not....so it got thrown out. Working towards an appeal at the moment.

If you do the math on weekly testing. Our local lab charges roughly 90 a draw. Home test...under 5.00.. I just don't see how they can be justified saying it is less expensive for Tyce to go to the lab? Do you have any idea what they charge in your area?

TY for the info on the Roche strips. Absoulty dissapointing. I really think they (Roche) bank on patients purchasing the new XS. Which I beleive will be available for release to patients in Jan. Just a few days a way at this point. I don't care if they can deliver one to me tomorrow. Have lost all faith in Roche!

LUVMyBirman said:
AS LONG AS....your last three tests were in range. Mine were not....so it got thrown out.

Say what? I've heard of lame excuses but this has to be the tops!

Nuts Ross. Just plain nuts! Would think home testing would be a "good reason" for a person out of range....to stay in control of their INR? I can't easily do a ven draw nor is there a lab in my area that offers the finger test method. My card was gracious enough to put that all in my letter of necessity. Still got thrown out! So looks like my next three tests will be in range;) Just hope I don't run out of strips in the meantime. Think I am down to three. It's a shame....actually considering black market for supplies at the moment:eek: Now if something would happen to me because of not having adequate supplies. Wonder how the Ins co would like to pay for a lenghtly hospital stay or more?

I wish they'd cut the crap and allow us to operate as they do diabetics. Problem is, Alot of the medical community is Coumadin ignorant and no one seems to want to learn what the truths are.

Yes indeed. An out of control INR can be fatal. Have been close to the receiving end on that one (many moons ago). Don't care to go there again!

No one at Empire BC/BS even asked about my recent tests. The fact that I was already home testing seemed to be enough. I could see them giving that excuse if you were not yet home testing and wanting to do so, but replacement of a machine for someone already home testing is ridiculous.

Karlynn,

I wonder what the diff is between Empire BCBS and IL BCBS? They also did not have a nurse "case manager" for me to speak to. At least from what I could gather. Just plain nuts. My card writes in on the letter of recommedation....many things. One being the patient neccisitates "life long" anticoagulation monitoring. He also sent my records from the last 7 years. Not a new ball game for me by any means.

PS. Working with QAS now towards a resolution. Hopefully can get it resolved soon!

Evelyn,

The economics are really simple. Roche will have the strips by April. Although the lab may bill $90, they most likely receive 8-13 from insurance. A new machine runs about $1000, which at the likely paid charges is over 100 tests in the lab before the strips are again available.

Latest posts

Back