Quantcast

Clicking sound of mechanical valve

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Mister_James

I don't know about not hearing my valve. I have learned to ignore it like the TV in the background or muzak that I can work through without hearing but every once in a while in a conference when there is that awkward silence. The valves announces itself, good thing folks tend to look at watches.
I get a kick from telling kids, when they put stuff in their mouth how I swallowed a watch and it is stuck in my belly now and they can hear it.

LadyChicken

Ha, I had no idea a graft could make it louder. I hear mine if ever I want to, if that makes sense. When I take a deep breath in, it gets louder, but not so much that anyone can hear it if my mouth is closed. If I open my mouth, people say it's audible, which I find kind of funny, and my kiddos do too.

I'm super thrilled that the clicking doesn't bother me at night in the slightest. With that said, it would interesting to see if time makes it quieter.

Soulfeelings

When l first had surgery in '99, pissed hubby off when he was trying to sleep, he'd say shut that bloody noise up 😂 😍 😂 I'm 22yrs down the track n if lm exhausted or sick others can hear it in a confined space (eg...lift) I was in a lift one day n this lil girl looked up to her Mum n said...Mum that lady is ticking...Well everyone in the lift just stared at me, l thought...**** lm glad lm not in a plane right now, they'd be pushing me out without a parachute 😂 😍 😂

Superman

When l first had surgery in '99, pissed hubby off when he was trying to sleep, he'd say shut that bloody noise up 😂 😍 😂 I'm 22yrs down the track n if lm exhausted or sick others can hear it in a confined space (eg...lift) I was in a lift one day n this lil girl looked up to her Mum n said...Mum that lady is ticking...Well everyone in the lift just stared at me, l thought...**** lm glad lm not in a plane right now, they'd be pushing me out without a parachute 😂 😍 😂
I remember in college during a test a girl asked me if I was wearing a really loud watch. 😂

vitdoc

First tissue aortic 1979
Second St.Jude 1983
Third St. Jude + aorta 2006
At this point I think it is normal to hear one’s valve.
In 83 went to do a surgery and one of my colleagues asked if I had gotten a new watch.
One problem is that it is hard to play poker and bluff.

Superman

How is dating with a mechanical valve?
Assuming this is a general question, creates a more unique conversation starter than the weather. But I wouldn’t make it the center piece of a relationship. In the end, we’re still just people and we all have our stuff we bring into a relationship. So it’s no different.
Only dating I ever did was was post mechanical valve, so I can’t compare and contrast before and after.

Soulfeelings

Assuming this is a general question, creates a more unique conversation starter than the weather. But I wouldn’t make it the center piece of a relationship. In the end, we’re still just people and we all have our stuff we bring into a relationship. So it’s no different.
Only dating I ever did was was post mechanical valve, so I can’t compare and contrast before and after.
It picks up a quick tick in bed 😂 😍 😂 No serious it's not a prob 👍

Latest posts