clicking during sex

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PathFinder

Hi, everybody!
I must say again, that I'm a quite active person... Not operated yet, but the avdenture is comming closer :rolleyes: I will have a mechanical. And I know that there is a clicking, which sometimes could be noisy. I was hugging my girlfriend today and some toughts passed me by: will this ticking disturb very much her, when she is so close to me, putting her head on my chest?
And I decided to talk about that with her. She said: "Don't be so fool! You think too much about! Of course it won't scare me!"
But I don't know... The clicking realy won't disturb me, but I'm not sure about the people around me, especialy my girlfriend. Will I can give her a warm hug again, without scaring her like an old clock on the wall? :D What do you think guys?
About the sex... I already understood, that it isn't a problem, it will be even much better! And in such moments, any noise won't be hearable! :cool:

My partner does not find my ticking uncomfortable or anything like it. In fact, he finds it interesting at times - kind of like the crocodile in Peter Pan.;) :D ;)

Don't worry about it. If anything, the ticking will be a conversation item.

Well my mechanical valve is very quiet. I only really hear it when my head is on the pillow. And it's more of a dull thud than a tick !

The best way I can describe it is the effect you experience when you get a little excited and your aware of your heartbeat - perhaps seeing a pretty girl !

As for the effect on sex - I'll report back when I get some !

Kind Regards

George

clicking

clicking

I have two mechanical valves which make for very loud clicking. People tell me they can hear it across the room. Some people have told me that my watch is very loud. It is quite a conversation piece though. I often wonder if a person sitting next to me on a train or plane get freaked out. The other issue that you asked about is yes, you can hear it and no the other person never finds it annoying or weird. Just kind of funny. I would guess not hearing it would be an issue:rolleyes:

for me it's more of a conversation piece.. I hear it all the time and get a tad nervous when I don't (which depends on my position, sitting - laying down) - most don't even hear it when I hug them... on the rare times I actually do have sex.. never an issue.. personally, as a female, i'm more concerned with how men perceive the lovely scar I have and not the ticking.. vane, I know...:)

As the listener...

As the listener...

...I would have to say that the clicking of a pair of St. Jude's mechanical valves is distracting to love-making only in the sense of reminding me how very close I came to losing this precious man of mine. And that makes a lot of emotions and sensations more intense. The variation in speed of the clicking is actually a great indicator of ----er---um---how do I put this? (I am after all, the parson's wife!)---of how well the "afternoon delight" is going!

Diana
husband Mike had mitral and aortic valves replaced Christmas Eve 2004

Christine said:
personally, as a female, i'm more concerned with how men perceive the lovely scar I have and not the ticking.. vane, I know...:)
As I see all women---Sexy!

My wife as Gina says liked hearing the clicking. At first she could even hear it late at night from three or four feet away. My valve has gotten quieter over the years and now you need a stethoscope to hear it.Have any others experience this disappearing click? I am told it is due to a thin membrane forming on the leaflets.

The nurse that discharged me told that I should be aware of any *sudden* changes in the clicking - that is, I suddenly can't hear it, etc. I would think if this develops over time it's ok - but if I notice it becoming quieter I'll be sure to let my cardio know.

Also - the guy who said something about it being a good metronome is quite right! I'm also being paced so if I relax, it's pretty accurate.

Marty said:
My wife as Gina says liked hearing the clicking. At first she could even hear it late at night from three or four feet away. My valve has gotten quieter over the years and now you need a stethoscope to hear it.Have any others experience this disappearing click? I am told it is due to a thin membrane forming on the leaflets.

This reminds me of a joke:

The Tinman walks into a bar.

Bartender says, "Hey, Tinman, what's new?"

Tinman says, "Well, my wife just went to Vegas with a bunch of her girlfriends and came home with a tattoo on her ankle. Plus, she had some body piercing done. And that's really been wonderful."

Bartender says, "What is it about the body piercing that you like?"

Timnam says, "It's great! Now we really click during sex."

:D

My wife actually likes the noise. She can tell when I'm getting "excited" before I even let her know. LOL

Seriously It is not an issue at all.

Both my wife and I have became quite accostomed to the clicking at night.
During sex, even the dogs barking next door aren't much of a bother.
After we both have laughed and talked about how much louder it has got.
My bigger problem/concern is brusing, but I'll hesitate to discuss it further now.

The nurse that discharged me told that I should be aware of any *sudden* changes in the clicking - that is, I suddenly can't hear it, etc.
Musician2k, what that nurse said to you has got to be one of the most stupid and cruel things I have ever heard (and funny, too, from a perspective). I hope she didn't realize it, but...

How did you sleep those first nights, listening to see if the clicking would stop?

Best wishes,

She is your girlfriend, get married and you won't have to worry about it.:D

Marty, my clicking softened a year or so after surgery, but it hasn't changed since then. I can still hear it at night occasionally. My family still hears it in quiet rooms (I don't notice it.) And I can hear it in big tiled rooms.

DLH said:
She is your girlfriend, get married and you won't have to worry about it.:D

:D :D :D :D :D Thanks, i needed a laugh today and that made me spurt my coffee back into its cup....

The funniest jokes always have at least one foot in reality..:D :D

Back