Cleveland Clinic...where to stay?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgewick

I know, I'm a pest today ha ha. I was just wondering if anyone who has had surgery at Cleveland Clinic could reccomend a place for my husband and possibly one of my parents to stay while I'm having surgery? He is thinking of the guest house next door but it's a little $$$. Anyone have experience with that place? Is it worth spending over $700 for a week there or is there somewhere else close by that is a bit less, safe and close you can suggest. I want them to be comfortable but not break the bank. Thanks!

Cleveland hospitality

Cleveland hospitality

Several years ago someone searched and gave us a list of various motels near the CCF that would give discount rates to the clinic patient families; unfortunately I haven't been able to find it.

However here is a link to one of them:
http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-cleveland-ohio-OH167?promo=gglocal and if I remember correctly we had a family or two who were very happy with their stay. You will see that they offer shuttle service to the clinic from 7:30 a.m. til 10:30 p.m., also free parking space. You have to tell them why you are there to get their discount.

Perhaps someone else will be able to find the list for you.

On the Cleveland Clinic site you can find "Hospitality Homes", private residences that open their homes to families. They ask that you give them $30 a nite, plus $5 for each extra guest. They are within a 15 mile radius of the clinic.

Last edited:
We stayed at the Westin which is downtown Cleveland. They offer a shuttle service to and from C.C. running every 15 minutes. I think I paid about $75 per night. They gave a discount to C.C. families. There is a Subway two blocks away that was handy for dinner when we wanted to go cheap. We also went to see "Wicked" the night before my surgery as there is a small theater district only a few blocks up the street as well.

I just had surgery there 12 days ago. We started at the Doubletree downtown for the first couple of days and they had a shuttle and that was good. However, when we found out that I had to be admitted at 5:15 am the day of surgery, my husband switched and stayed at the Intercontinental Suites which was really nice. It was just a block away so easy for him. My sister came and stayed at the Intercontinental Conference center and it is connected to the hospital. That was pretty expensive. We got the "weekly rate" because we figured we would be there 7 days but we ended up being there only 5 but they honored the rate. I heard the Guest House wasn't too great but we weren't actually in it. Good luck!!

Hospitality Homes of Cleveland
An affordable service which places out-of-town medical patients and their family members in private host homes within a 15 mile radius of Cleveland Clinic.

Hours: 7:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m., 7 days/week
Phone: 216.518.0404

I just had surgery there 12 days ago. We started at the Doubletree downtown for the first couple of days and they had a shuttle and that was good. However, when we found out that I had to be admitted at 5:15 am the day of surgery, my husband switched and stayed at the Intercontinental Suites which was really nice. It was just a block away so easy for him. My sister came and stayed at the Intercontinental Conference center and it is connected to the hospital. That was pretty expensive. We got the "weekly rate" because we figured we would be there 7 days but we ended up being there only 5 but they honored the rate. I heard the Guest House wasn't too great but we weren't actually in it. Good luck!!

I have been to the guest house & it is nothing special especially for that kind of money. The intercontinental is nice & connected to the Cleveland Clinic. If you have an older person or anyone with mobility problems they have a golf cart shuttle service for the sky way & you could get a wheelchair from there.

I had surgery 6 weeks ago at the CC. I was admitted the day before surgery and I was to be taken for surgery by 6am. I live in Cleveland but still a 30-40 minute drive to CC across town. For this reason my husband chose to stay nearby. He stayed at the Intercontinental Suites Hotel which is about a block away. It was easy walking distance but also offered a shuttle. My sister who came in from MI chose to stay at the Guest House. The night before surgery, when we realized how close the Guest House was, my husband went to check it out and maybe switch his reservation. In his opinion it was a lot less comfortable room but was still pretty pricey. So for the money, he felt that where he stayed was the better deal.

We had actually thought he might just stay in my room as the CC claimed to have overnight accomodations for family members. It's true that there is a fold out couch but I was surprised at how uncomfortable it was given that this is a brand new facility. I've spent many a night in the Children's Hospital with my little guy and had much more comfortable arrangements. So it's possible to stay in the patient room but you have to like a VERY firm bed.

I'm guessing that most hotels downtown are going to compare pretty closely price wise with the ones at the CC and it is very nice to be right there when going through the stress that family members must go through. Hospitality Homes sounds neat. I'm sure you must meet some wonderful families that way.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I'll be sending prayers for you from across town :).

My husband stayed at the Guest House. It is a little high for the type of room. He did have a fridge and micro wave....but the hotel is very old. He stayed there the entire time as he felt comfortable with the walk across the street and he could get to my room very quickly. I too thought he could stay in my room until I saw the pull out bed. Not what I expected.
I agree the hospitality homes would be a nice way to meet caring families, but he would not have been comfortable with even a short drive to the hospital. He walked across and back many times a day (and night).

Latest posts

Back