Chiropractor

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnff2

A few weeks post op I was thinking I had avoided the mid back, scapula and shoulder pain that I had had with my previous OHS. Unfortunately the past several weeks, since starting cardiac rehab and going back to work the back pain, scapula pain and shoulder pain has begun. I have pain meds and muscle relaxers but waking up every morning stiff and sore and in pain is starting to take its toll on me. I'm currently 13 weeks post op and I'm wondering if my chiropractor may be able to help. I have only recently learned to embrace chiropractic care having found a great chiropractor who has taught me as well as treated me. So needless to say I'm nervous about going.

My question is have any of you gone to a chiropractor for pain after surgery and if so how soon?

do not risk your sternum! minimum 12 weeks IMO, discuss with your surgeon, but 13weeks will likely be OK. make your chiro aware of that point ...

I went first time again after surgery at 3 months.

Also - be very aware of your own medical situation before undergoing any chiropractic or massage treatment. I didn't know. . . and I paid for it.

I went to a masseuse for a "sports massage" for lower back pain. Little did I know that I have arthritis of the lower back. I had the massage. Several hours later I suffered a pinched nerve - bad enough to go to the ER for treatment. Treatment included anti-inflammatory meds and muscle relaxants. The episode also pushed me into afib (found out about that part when I had my next pacemaker interrogation).

When I saw my internist about this whole mess, he advised me that the arthritic bone growths were what pinched the nerve, causing the whole sequence of nasty events. He advises me not to have any chiro or massage therapy to my back other than by a qualified physical therapist who has access to my medical records and file X-rays.

Not saying not to use these services. Just advising caution until you know you're OK with it.

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely be cautious if and when I decide to go.

Latest posts

Back