Chicagoland gathering

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagoland gathering

• Myself

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • +1

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • +2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • +3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey Cort!

Just got back from dinner! Good pictures! Your description of our discussion of the mystery guest was great! I was shocked at who it was, since I was not able to attend the gathering that spring. Gina, you kept the secret. It was informative and fun meeting some members from ACHA. I meant to ask if I would qualify fro membership, having a diminutive right coronary artery (which I just found out about after my heart attack). I was born that way. I have a complaint though. I look short in all those pics! I look like I'm in the Land Of The Giants! Where did all those tall people come from! LOL! :D I really had a great time! There is such a sense of comaderie, meeting fellow valvers and heart patients. Can't wait until we get together again.

What can I say:) Always a pleasure. Our time was short and sweet. Really enjoyed seeing everyone. Meeting the ACHD members. How about our mystery guest? I knew about one. Then Bill added to the surprise by stopping by. So glad you did. It would be great if we could grow our group locally!

Few of us discussed getting together on a more regular basis. Stay tuned for future dates!

Cort, thanks for everything. Nice pics:) Sorry I ran off so fast. My jacket was in the car and I was FREEZING!:eek:

Lorraine, look @ Carol. She is standing on the parking block! On average.....we noticed during one reunion of valvers. That we had more tall folks than short!

Burrair!!!! (Pappahappystar) How is he doing? What is he doing? He hosted some really warm, inviting Chicago reunions and is such a NICE man. I was just thinking about him the other day and wondering what he was up to.

Sure wish I could have attended. You guys all look terrific!

Cort,
Thanks for posting the pictures and providing a running commentary on the conversations that took place! Everyone looks happy and health, and that's always a positive! I was so surprised to see Burrair, but what a pleasant surprise it was!
I can't wait to meet everyone when we gather in St. Louis!;) :) :)

Hi Mary,

We plan to have another gathering in early fall. Outdoors. Picnic style hopefully. We will give pleanty of notice. So, drive on up and join us!

Looking forward to STL. Any news on the dates? Hope it comes at a time I can swing it! If it's during "spring break".....I will have a difficult time commiting. :( We always have standing plans at the beach:D

Many thanks to the ChicagoLand contingent for making me feel so welcome. This VR website is an important part of my life just, like reading the daily newspaper. It was great to see and meet the friendly faces that I've only known through your very informative/educational/fun postings. I hope we might visit again very soon.

Again, THANKS!
BillB

Hi Bill, As Ginas stated, you really became our surprise mystery guest! It was a pleasure to meet you. I'm glad we made you feel welcome. I know were planning a late summer/early fall picnic in the beginning of Sept. We want to try and have another more impromptu gathering or two also! It is fun to meet members that we converse with online.

Gina: Yes I see Carol was standing on the parking block. That made her even taller. I still like a little person next to all of you. Well maybe with the exception of Cort! :D

Karlynn: Really sorry you couldn't join us. Maybe for the picnic? It would be great to see you again.

Mary: Okay, when is this spring 2009 St. Louis reunion going to be? Please don't say it's within the first two weeks of May. If it is then, I will have to miss yet another reunion!:( I can not take off during the exam period, since I am the one who coordinates the whole process. :eek: Sounds like we may car pool, well unless flights becomes cheaper than the gas prices by then. :eek: :D

Gina,
Thanks for the invite to your next one. :) I'll have to see what's going on when you get an idea of when it will be.

Regarding the 2009 reunion date, Hank makes the decision, but I'm fairly confident that it won't be the first two weeks of May. :)

*grins*

Glad you all enjoyed the pics and the running commentary.

Sure hope you took note of some of the upcoming possibilities for gatherings, too! ;). hint hint

Lorraine said:
It was informative and fun meeting some members from ACHA. I meant to ask if I would qualify fro membership, having a diminutive right coronary artery (which I just found out about after my heart attack).

Yes, you qualify! Check out the link I posted.

LUVMyBirman said:
Sorry I ran off so fast. My jacket was in the car and I was FREEZING!:eek:

Yeah, I know. It WAS colder than it seemed...heh. Steve and I stood around chatting a bit, even after Lorraine left! The heat in the car sure felt good ;).

BillB said:
I hope we might visit again very soon.

Ditto!

It really was cool having you join us, Bill!

Lorraine said:
I still like a little person next to all of you. Well maybe with the exception of Cort! :D

*raises eyebrow*

Watch it, lady.....

he he

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I could never get enough" ... Eddy Raven ... 'I Could Use Another You'

Cort,

Thanks for posting all the pictures. They help keep the warm feelings alive, and allow others to realize that even "small" regional gatherings are an essential part of teh vr.com experience. Thank you for organizing the event, too.

Lorraine - You areen't all that short, at least by the standards of my family!

To all - St. Louis may actually be a possibility. . . my daughter is considering graduate school down there.

See you all soon!

Inquiring minds want to know - what's our friend Burrair doing these days????

Latest posts

Back