Chicago weekend--Had a blast!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perkicar

I've been home a couple of hours after our "girls" weekend in chicago. I had a marvelous time meeting Gina, Janie and Sherry (and Janie's friend from FL). Although it was bone-chilling cold (the temperature Sat didn't go above 0F until noontime!!!!) we had fun going to the Shedd Aquarium (where we met Danielle), shopping at the WaterTower place, having a marvelous meal at Emilio's (a tapas restaurant), and finishing Saturday evening having drinks at the top of the John Hancock building. This morning everyone else went to brunch at the restaurant in the John Hancock, but I had booked a flight at 1 pm so had to pass on that.
There will be pictures later, some serious and some incriminating LOL. And some special ones just for Ross:p
Thanks to Gina for doing the organizing!!

Anyone take pics??? I'm glad you had a good time. You were all in my thoughts. My weekend here ended up being rather "interesting". I'll spill the beans at a later date.

Hi Carolyn,

Missed you this AM at brunch.:( It was a great pleasure meeting you. What fun we had! Just wish we had a few more days! We make great shopping partners. Epsecially those of us who found "side shows" while waiting for others to finish up:eek: ;) :D. Ross oh Ross, if flies could talk.

On serious note......Ladies, you are all wonderful and special people! What a true blessing. Can't wait until our next gathering.:)

BB ROCKS ON!

Oh, ladies, such a wonderful mid-winter escape we had this weekend. Had a wonderful time as always. I'll post some pics, including the one Gina alluded to, tomorrow eve. Karlynn, we missed you and know you'll be there next time.

Sounds like you ladies had a wonderful weekend together!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend ... I WAS thinkin' of ya'll enjoying yourselves in Chicago!

As I always say, it's AWESOME to meet members ... new friends and old friends alike ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html
"Get the word out" ... Collective Soul ... 'Feeling Better Now'

Glad you all had a good time! And Sherry, glad you got back home before the second round of snow started!

Drat it all! Missed it. . .

But really, we were "all over the place" for the weekend.

Hey Cort -- if they had a "Girls Weekend" maybe we should check into a "Guys' Night Out."

ShezaGirlie said:
Here's Carolyn laughing at Gina sucking the chocolate out of the bottom of her Chocolate Martini glass.. Oh, just wait Carolyn...yours is better..:D

Oops! Here's the message I get when I tried to add the picture...

2006_0219Chicago2-20060017.JPG:
Your file of 1.50 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 976.6 KB for this filetype.

Sorry folks.......and girlies -- I can be bought off..:D

Janie - I wanna see those pics! So go to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Scroll down about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way and on the right is a program you can download for Windows XP called Image Resizer. After you download it, all you have to do to resize a pic file is to open it in a Windows application (like My Pictures, or My Documents), right click on it, select the size you want and it will save a new copy of the picture in the new size.

This is very handy, and a MUST for sending photos we WANT TO SEE!:D

I'm trying to upload some of my pics to no avail. I've even done the resizing thing at Irfanview. Gina, Janie, and Carolyn, I'll send them to you and see what you can do with them.

Steve,

I think that is a WONDERFUL idea, sir!!!! he he he.... Guys night out :).

And, Janie, darlin', who all is in that last picture you posted? I see 3 of ya I know ... and 2 I don't ... and that makes me sad that I don't know 2 of those people :(. Or, at least, I don't think I know 'em ... or something like that...he he he.

ShezaGirlie said:
In the 96th Floor Bar on top of the John Hancock Bldg...martinis for all..:D Y'all ready for the picture of Gina sucking the chocolate outta that Martini? She hasn't paid up yet...hehehe!

Oh, I don't know if she has enough money to pay off that one LOL.

Could be true Carolyn. Think we should pool our resources? As I recall.......there were a few good shots of you floating around:eek: :D :) ;) Pretty in......... Pink, lol, lol.

Looks pretty warm and cozy in the bar!

Looks pretty warm and cozy in the bar!

What a beautiful city..... and y'all ain't half bad lookin' yourselves. :p

All these pictures are really nice - but where is the one of Gina sucking the chocolate out of her martini glass!!!!!!

I think we need to pool our resources to buy her off, Gina. I'm afraid to see mine and I didn't have any chocolate in my glass......

Janie, that was your "friend" from FL in the picture! What a lucky guy to be with the four of us. See what you missed out on, Cort???
He had us all to himself! (but someone else didn't share ;) :p

LOL!

*raises eyebrow*

Friend? A friend? Oh, my ... darlin', Janie, somehow I doubt Carolyn's description even begins to cover it, eh? ;) He he he.

And, yeah, Carolyn ... I know ... I missed out :(. I shoulda been there to share among all of you ;). He he he

Thanks, Janie, for letting me know ... I spose I should've realized that was Carolyn in that pic, but of course, it just didn't "click"....sorry...he he he.

Keep those pictures a comin' ;).

Latest posts

Back