chest soreness after dental filling

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coryp

Hello,

I had a filling yesterday at the dentist + a cleaning and my chest started becoming sore around the incision last night. I also woke up with some sweat on my neck at 3am. I had a very stressful evening (issues with daughter), but not sure that the chest pain feels any different than muscle ache similar to post op. What I did not mention was that I do not use any type of anistetic with the filling, so my hands were glued to the chair almost ripping the arms of it off!!! Maybe too much straining caused the chest discomfort??

thx

Cory,
Did you premedicate with an antibiotic?
I imagine your gripping the chair could cause your chest to be sore, but I can't figure out why you would be sweating.
Tobago's out of town so we can't refer the question to him. :(

Mary said:
AWOL again? I already have given him one written warning for this. Looks like I'll have to give him another.

I end up with neck and shoulder pain after dental visits from being tense so I am sure chest muscles could be affected also (especially since gripping does use some of those muscles).

I think it is too soon to have any issues from an infection but I would check your temperature to be safe.

My guess would be the stress of all you went through in that one day.

I would agree with monitoring your temp... call doc if you run a fever - you definitely don't want an infection. I would also agree that almost ripping the arms off the chair may have had an effect on your chest muscles. If you don't have a fever, then I would guess that the sweating was caused by stress - family & dental. Next time, get the anesthetic & be sure to ask doc about antibiotics. Keep up posted on your condition.

Cris

coryp said:
Hello,

I had a filling yesterday at the dentist + a cleaning and my chest started becoming sore around the incision last night. I also woke up with some sweat on my neck at 3am. I had a very stressful evening (issues with daughter), but not sure that the chest pain feels any different than muscle ache similar to post op. What I did not mention was that I do not use any type of anistetic with the filling, so my hands were glued to the chair almost ripping the arms of it off!!! Maybe too much straining caused the chest discomfort??

thx

NO anesthetic- :eek: -you're a stronger man than I , Gunga Din! The idea of doing it without being numbed up gives me a headache!!!! I would guess the prolonged tension of gripping the arms of the chair had alot to do with your discomfort today!
Carolyn

OK, I'll bite (pun intended :D ), WHY don't you use any type of anesthesia for dental fillings?

If it's fear of the injection, most dentists today use a topical anesthetic before 'sticking' you. The GOOD ones shoot a little and WAIT a few seconds before moving and shooting again. IF your dentist makes you uncomfortable during the injection process, TELL HIM, or find a better dentist.

'AL Capshaw'

Mary said:
Cory,
Did you premedicate with an antibiotic?
I imagine your gripping the chair could cause your chest to be sore, but I can't figure out why you would be sweating.

I premedicated Mary don't worry. I did it even with Tobago out of town!!! Feeling better and no fever

ALCapshaw2 said:
OK, I'll bite (pun intended :D ), WHY don't you use any type of anesthesia for dental fillings?

If it's fear of the injection, most dentists today use a topical anesthetic before 'sticking' you. The GOOD ones shoot a little and WAIT a few seconds before moving and shooting again. IF your dentist makes you uncomfortable during the injection process, TELL HIM, or find a better dentist.

'AL Capshaw'

None of the above.

If I had a fear of injection, I certainly overcame that during and after heart surgery!!!

I really just do not like the NUMB feeling afterwards.

Cory

Latest posts

Back