Chest Binder

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camgough

Hello,
I sent an email to my surgeon's office asking about what I think is bone noise from my ribs/ chest area. I see there are other discussions about this, and generally there is no concern as it is normal for bone movement after surgery. However, it was suggested I look into a chest binder, to help stabilize my sternum during movement, and might reduce noise. Has anyone else heard of this?

I have not. I had noise that sounded/felt like it was coming from my sternum, after the time I thought this was expected to stop (30 days?), but it did stop soon after that.

Thanks Don, the clinic nurse did not seem too concerned. I ended up getting an abdominal wrap type thing that fits around my chest pretty well. The only problem is that it slips down easily. I did see your link Ottagal, and that would be ideal, but by the time it was shipped here I would not likely need it. The cracking noise even seems like it comes from my ribs more, which makes me think it's more cartilage related????

Latest posts

Back