Check-up at Cleveland went well........

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkey Hunter

Good morning;

WOOO HOOO

I was extremely nervous going into this check-up this year as I am sure you could tell in my last thread. I wasn?t sure if I had mentioned that this has been the first time I waited more than six months to view the ascending aortic aneurysm that was discovered in 2005. So needless to say; I was a wreck waiting for this appointment. The good news is the aneurysm is still stable at 5.0 cm and we don?t need to look at it for another year. The only new thing was Dr. Grimm said was he heard a pulmonic side systolic mur-mur. He said it is nothing to be worried about; I am just developing a bit of leakage at the donor pulmonic valve. Even with the $150.00 speeding ticket I got on the way to CCF?.it was still a great day. So 8 years and still going strong with my Ross Procedure.

Thought I would give everyone an update. Got home a bit late last night; so waited until this morning to post.

Thanks for the thought and prayers!

Ben

I'm happy it's stable, but the size of it scares the hell out of me. I'm sure it bothers you too.

Good morning;

WOOO HOOO

I was extremely nervous going into this check-up this year as I am sure you could tell in my last thread. I wasn?t sure if I had mentioned that this has been the first time I waited more than six months to view the ascending aortic aneurysm that was discovered in 2005. So needless to say; I was a wreck waiting for this appointment. The good news is the aneurysm is still stable at 5.0 cm and we don?t need to look at it for another year. The only new thing was Dr. Grimm said was he heard a pulmonic side systolic mur-mur. He said it is nothing to be worried about; I am just developing a bit of leakage at the donor pulmonic valve. Even with the $150.00 speeding ticket I got on the way to CCF?.it was still a great day. So 8 years and still going strong with my Ross Procedure.

Thought I would give everyone an update. Got home a bit late last night; so waited until this morning to post.

Thanks for the thought and prayers!

Ben

Ben,
I am very glad to read your great news!
I've forgotten; did the cardiologist up your blood pressure meds after they found the aortic aneurysym?

If the doctor is happy- you should be happy. I agree w/Ross- that sucker sure seems large as my 5.1 is cause for great concern and imminent surgery. If things keep going badly for me here in Chicago, I just might end up at CC.

I'm happy it's stable, but the size of it scares the hell out of me. I'm sure it bothers you too.

No actually it doesn't scare me at all. I am a very large person. 37" waist at 255#'s being about 6'5" or so. There is a direct cooralation to the body frame build of a person and the risk they are in with the aorta size. My aorta at normal size is in the mid 4.5 or so. So there hasn't been a great amount of growth.

And yes, they did increase BP meds when the aneurysm was discovered.

Tahnks to all for the well wishes.

Celebration is in the near future. I am headed to Southern Ohio this weekend for an anuual party some hunting friends and I have........Partying will be on the agenda!!!!!

Wave to me when you are down this way.;):D

Congrats on the good news - have fun.

Good to hear you received good news. I know what a relief it is to know everything is OK.

No actually it doesn't scare me at all. I am a very large person. 37" waist at 255#'s being about 6'5" or so. There is a direct cooralation to the body frame build of a person and the risk they are in with the aorta size. My aorta at normal size is in the mid 4.5 or so. So there hasn't been a great amount of growth.

Ben,

Great news, way to go! I will confess that I wondered about the 5.0 aneurysm too, but the size of body frame is a point well taken. Enjoy your good report, and take care.

I didn't realize you were so small. :D

Great news Ben!
You must have been on cloud nine all the way home from the appointment!
Enjoy celebrating this weekend!

Yolanda

Can I ask for a clarification of this? I am also a large person, 44 in waist, 280# at 6'4" tall. My acending aneurysm is 5.1 at it's worst with a BAV. The cardiologist never said anything to me about it being acceptable for my height/weight.

Latest posts

Back