Cath today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnff2

Finally made it home from my cath today. What a day it was. I was scheduled for 8am, ended up going at 1pm. Made my anxiety a little hard to handle at times...but I managed. Husband said I was only 10% bad today. LOL

Good news is it looks as if my aortic valve is in good shape with only a small leak, so probably no replacement, per the cardiologist. The bad news is the subaortic membrane is causing alot of gradient with a stress test they did during the cath. My gradient averaged from 80-100 with the stress test. No wonder I feel terrible when I exert myself. Have been wondering this week why I am even doing this since I have been feeling pretty good. Guess now I know.

So just waiting for a call from my surgeon's nurse and home for the week recovering form the cath, pre-op stuff on Tues and surgery on Fri...what a week I have in store for me...and just think somewhere in there I'm getting my hair cut and a pedicure

Off to bed, exhaused from my day.
Talk to you all soon.

Do they know what the membrane growth is from? Is your aortic valve native or replaced? If replaced, did they mention the term pannus?

I haven't really wanted to think about my valve since my last OHS but my gradient has shot up this year so I'm reluctantly beginning to wonder about some things.

Hoping all goes well for you. Oh, and most husbands probably wouldn't mind 10% bad ;) .

Do they know what the membrane growth is from? Is your aortic valve native or replaced? If replaced, did they mention the term pannus?

I haven't really wanted to think about my valve since my last OHS but my gradient has shot up this year so I'm reluctantly beginning to wonder about some things.

Hoping all goes well for you. Oh, and most husbands probably wouldn't mind 10% bad ;) .

The sub aortic membrane was found when I was 14. I probably had it as a small child, because I had a heart murmur all my life. Nobody looked into it until I was 14. I guess it is more common in small children and about 15% return...which mine did. It is actually rather rare. I have my native aortic valve and plan on keeping it as it isn't damaged bad enough to need replaced at this point. I guess when I was a child the drs told my parents they prolonged my life by 20+ yrs and gave me the ability to carry a pregnancy by doing the surgery back then. We have been watching what we thought was scar tissue form over the past several years worth of echos and when I became symptomatic we got aggressive with a work up, did a tee and here I am...It seems it is not scar tissue but the membrane again. The obstruction caused my gradients to go up to 100 with a stress test during my cath, so what ever it is it's there and needs to come out.

Latest posts

Back