Can't add avatar ... help?!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karen14

Hi everyone!
I can't add my avatar :( ...Plus when at home page it says I'm not subscribed (to which I am). I'm confuzzled! LOL. Then I tried to the find the post that stated it had answers to this stuff, couldn't find it! And another thing, a recent post I made has disappeared (was more recent than my first post, to which IS here). Anyone with answers? Thanks! Luv, ~Karen

P.S. It also states in my settings that I'm not allowed HTML, there's no color, etc. Do I have to be a "paid subscriber" to get what was free before? I'm new here (& to the previous forum) and may donate yet still, but I find this a bit much.

Last edited:
New Deal

New Deal

I will respond just unofficially as a long-time member. I, too, was confused at first. But I gradually discovered a bit about how the new set-up works. (If I misstate any of this, hope Hank or Ross will correct me.)

Basically, someone can participate just on a basic level (no avatar, or extras) for free. However, if you want extra goodies, such as the avatar of your choice, ability to set up photo albums, ability to set up your own blog, you can get that for making a $25 donation once every six months. And you can do that through PayPal right here.

I had made a donation a couple of years ago, but it is so easy to pass on doing that when there is no incentive to do so. Many of us have our household struggles with money, and we can only respond to so many requests for donations. However, I thought about this for a while, and realized that this is about $4 a month when you break it down. Where else can I get a source of so much information, friendship, fun, and support for just 4 bucks a month? (I pay $15 a MONTH for the local rag of a newspaper and get nowhere near the amount of pleasure I get from vr.com.)

Plus, Hank has offered new options, like setting up a personal blog. I think this is a wonderful deal -- it gets valvereplacement.com a source of reliable support that it needs to exist, and it gives us new options in return.

In short, I think it was a brilliant move, and I congratulate all concerned. As I say, this is just my understanding after exploring here.After I made this minimal donation, I had the ability to set up the avatar, and I started my own blog (which I hope others will be doing). Probably there is more I can do -- photo albums and maybe other good stuff.

Last edited:
After I made this minimal donation, I had the ability to set up the avatar, and I started my own blog (which I hope others will be doing). Probably there is more I can do -- photo albums and maybe other good stuff.

Bob, I hadn't notice the blog thing was available. I've never did any blogging. Maybe time to get started. :D

From what Hank said, there will be more available later. Probably will bring back photo albums. I like the new forum. :)

i like the new forum also. i paid the the $25 donation too. My husband subscribes to a forum for his college football team and i think his is 4.95 a month but it also could be 9.95 a month not quite sure which. but regardless $4 dollars a months really isn't much at all for me since i am on here most days. I may not post as much as i used to but I come on here to keep updated. And you can't buy too much at the store these days for $4 dollars. This website is so beneficial to people that it is worth it to make that donation.

Bob, I hadn't notice the blog thing was available. I've never did any blogging. Maybe time to get started. :D

From what Hank said, there will be more available later. Probably will bring back photo albums. I like the new forum. :)

I think you'd really enjoy the blogging. You've been posting some really good stuff about fitness and such. As for photo albums, I believe they are already available. Was viewing a beautiful one last night put up by a military wife of her husband's service in Iraq (sorry, the name escapes me for the moment.) The more I look at this, the more I love it. To set up your own blog on your own, independently of vr.com, would involve time and some expense. The opportunity is right here for us!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back