Can you trust your dentist?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this mean that you sleep in your dentist's office? Did he set up a bedroom for you? Does he mind that you'll never leave his office? Etc. (Yeah, only exploiting your wording).
Well, it might be a good advertisement for the dentist: "My client likes me so much, he doesn't want to leave, ever!"

Does this mean that you sleep in your dentist's office? Did he set up a bedroom for you? Does he mind that you'll never leave his office? Etc. (Yeah, only exploiting your wording).

They converted an exam room into an apartment for me. So yeah, I live there now. I have a crush on my hygienist who is very cool so this has given me more opportunity to get to know her!

Not much to add that others haven't already said, but I have only had to have one tooth extracted since my heart valve in 1997 (thankfully). Apparently, the first root canal that I had done, the dentist that I had been seeing at the time left a small piece of something that shouldn't have been left there and it caused all kinds of havoc... but years later. My current dentist advised that I either get this procedure that would go in through my gums and get to where the tip of the tooth is to extract that piece of something. Or... I could have an extraction and then an implant. I went the extraction route as the former sounded even more painful.

I had very little bleeding. I was a bit worried I would be asked to stop the warfarin, but they didn't. He just said to keep it under 3.0 I believe. He packed it with gauze after the extraction and told me to leave that alone for quite a while. He also told me to suck on a Lipton tea bag (basically black tea) with it on the site of the extraction, and I didn't have many issues. I had never heard of the tea bag thing before, but, if you wet a tea bag and place it on the wound, it acts like an astringent, constricting blood vessels and tissues. Something to do with the tannins in the tea.

Latest posts

Back