Calling warfarin experts

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipper2

K time to mess my inr and before i do id like some advise

Its been super stay at my 3.3 take 52mgs weekly

Heres where i'd like advice i have to take 3 tablets of ciprol xl
1000 mg per tab x3 days been warned it will raise my inr drastically

QUESTION: Can i lower my dose of warfarin from 7@8 i take
7 then 8 next day anyhow 52 mg warfarin weekly,can i now
as my inr stands at 3.3 lower my dose abit from 7@8 and check it
Sunday thats when i checked it last for the 3.3 result.
But lower it say 6 for 3 days and take the cipro xl at 1000mg
for 3 days and check inr Sunday as usual or should i leave the
warfarin alone and do as usual?

Thanks everyone who knows more than me:)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Others know more than I do too.
However, I wouldn't adjust my dose of warfarin until after I had taken the ciprol xl and knew what was happening.
Where did you learn the effects of the ciprol xl? Have you taken it before?

Yup been on it before and it does lift my inr but therefore i start the
ciprol tonight or now and warfarin not till 6pm so im assuming
do to past effects of ciprol and my inr i should lower my dose of
warfarin a touch for this ciprolxl????? but not sure its a good idea:confused:

Okay, so I'm no expert, but...........
Why don't stay with your regular dose for today. It takes about 24 hours for any antibiotic to get into your system, and test your INR again tomorrow or Friday, that should give you an idea on how much you should lower your dosage.
With the information that I have read from your post Deb and the net, I'm thinking that 5mg might be the dose you will need. But I wouldn't do anything until I see the numbers start climbing.

Just my thought.

yeah but im knowing they will climb and really dont wanna test
till time for me thats Sunday Freddie so i dont know to play with
the warfarin maynot be great idea at least i know i willnot go low
just higher than 3.3 alot higher lol.
See can never have a good thing always gotta go off the wagon
after being so stable....Dam infections:mad:

Well.....you may have to retest sooner than later, it just gives you a piece of mind.
Why guess?

Your right but question is should i even touch the warfarin dose and bring it down or stay and not play with it,i know it will bring me a high inr (past experience) so thought id lower warfarin but is this a good thing to do or am
i looking for more trouble with inr's then later on

In my opinion Zip, I would not change my coumadin dosage until after you've been on the antibiotic for a few days. In fact, if you start the Ciprol today, check your INR next Monday & see where it is. Then do your dosage adjustment accordingly.

Again......do your coumadin dosage adjustment after you've been on the Ciprol for at least 3 days.

Good luck & let us know.

In my opinion Zip, I would not change my coumadin dosage until after you've been on the antibiotic for a few days. In fact, if you start the Ciprol today, check your INR next Monday & see where it is. Then do your dosage adjustment accordingly.

Again......do your coumadin dosage adjustment after you've been on the Ciprol for at least 3 days.

Good luck & let us know.

Now why was this so hard for me to figure out....SSSSHHHH Norma
no smartcracks lol

Deb,

How much did the last batch of Cipro raise your INR?

One valve then @ went to 4.6 in 2008 now 2 valves and it went up
quick didnt take long but i had mare than 3 tab at 1000mg it was like 500mg and 20 tabs so alot more daily to take then just 1000mg daily for 3 days

Good luck & let us know.

uhmm.......isn't this what I said??
But I'd test again on Saturday just to see where the numbers were going.

Why don't stay with your regular dose for today. It takes about 24 hours for any antibiotic to get into your system, and test your INR again tomorrow or Friday, that should give you an idea on how much you should lower your dosage.
With the information that I have read from your post Deb and the net, I'm thinking that 5mg might be the dose you will need. But I wouldn't do anything until I see the numbers start climbing.

Just my thought.

Yep you did Normas was easier said:D:p send toothpicks
my eyes closing didnt read it well for myself to understand
and work ate me today,really braindead (pumphead)if i can
still use the excuse:D:p

Just my thought.

LOL - MY FAULT - I didn't realize tomorrow was Friday :eek::D
Sorry Deb, didn't mean to mess up your mind ;)
I would still test on Saturday.

LOL - MY FAULT - I didn't realize tomorrow was Friday :eek::D
Sorry Deb, didn't mean to mess up your mind ;)
I would still test on Saturday.

Thanks for reminding me its Friday Freddie :confused::eek:
My minds a total mess anyhow today, this week haha im done
just gonna stay and least that way id settle for brain bleed if i had to
cause least its not gonna lower on me thats for sure so think ill take my
usual and check sunday 2 continue from there in 3 days after sunday if inrs good you know what i mean:confused: if not read Normas :p

Deb,

I would be inclined not to make a change. With a 3 day dose, you will be on and off the Cipro before you can even see much of a change in your INR. I agree with the others that testing on Saturday, just to see, might be good. However, since you stop the meds that day, your INR should readjust before any dose change would hit it so you might end up too low.

Latest posts

Back