bvdr's c-spine surgery on Wed.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Phyllis

Betty, I hope you are able to relax and enjoy this long holiday weekend before your surgery on Wed. You will be in our thoughts and prayers and we look forward to hearing that all went well. Godspeed!

Betty you are in my prayers. I look forward to all the good news you will have to share.

Many good wishes

Many good wishes

Betty

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Betty. I will be sending positive thoughts your way on Wednesday. Please be confident and be well.

Marguerite

THANKS! Phyllis, you are just so sweet for starting this thread. I'm going to go visit my eldest son and his family on Monday in Charlotte and actually I'm not really nervous at all. I'm just ready to get it behind me and go on. It is like heart surgery.....the bad thing is the condition but the surgery is the fix. I'm praying for a complication free time and we'll just wait and see if that is what the Lord has in mind for me. Otherwise we go to plan B. Either way I'm going to be fine. Thanks again.

Betty, You are in my prayers. My wish for you is a very good surgery and many many pain free years. I could see where just thinking about not being in constant pain would have you somewhat excited about surgery even tho it is scarey. Lyn

Betty,

GOOD LUCK! Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a SUCCESSFUL surgery :).

By the way ... how far are you from Charlotte?

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Waiting to be mended like a potter would mend a broken vase" ... Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers ... 'Broken Lady'

Best wishes on a successful surgery and an easy recovery, Betty! I know you will do well, and you will soon be better than ever!:)

I will be thinking/praying for you on Wed...Be sure and post ASAP. We worry. Bonnie

home from c-spine surgery

home from c-spine surgery

I got home early this afternoon and took a much needed 5 hour nap.:)
The surgery went well and basically was what I expected with the exception being the use of a cadaver donor bone graft rather than bone from my hip. I now have one less place to heal. The surgery was 3 hours and the neurosurgeon said there was lot of venous bleeding so I may not start coumadin until Sunday night. On Monday morning I will start Lovenox again. I have to say that everyone has taken being off anticoagulation very seriously I was in the neurosurgical ICU post op and so far so good. I don't think I was expecting quite so much post-op pain but I have plenty of pain medication. I didn't expect to have so much lateral neck pain when swallowing but that is already improving. He said there was a big bone spur pressing into a nerve and I can notice the improvement big time in my arm. That awful nerve pain in my arm is relieved. I am so very thankful that all has gone well so far. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

My voice is very low and hoarse which is also very very common after this surgery and usually recovers with time. My sweet husband bought us walkie talkies so if I need him I don't have to strain my voice. I have a ten lb. weight lifting limit, no driving, no raising my arms above my head and may remove the neck collar only to shower. Sweet hubby also washed my hair for me in the shower while I supported my head and neck and it felt so very very good. It is sure great to be home again.

Hi Betty!! All thinks considered, you sound really good!

So glad you can sense the improvement already. I'm glad that they were able to suit you with a cadaver rather than cut you up any worse. Good for you for being so accepting of such a remedy.

Hope the recouperation goes well.

Rest. Rest. Be well!

Marguerite

Back