"Bump" on my Scar

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marcus

I had my aortic valve & root replaced in September 04. I've had a few bumps come up on my scar in the past, but for the past 3 or 4 days I've had a larger bump appear. It's a bit sensitive, although not really painful. Has anyone else had anything like this? Is it anything serious/worth worrying about? Thanks.

I've had the same kind of surgery, and the same bump on the scar. I've been assured it's perfectly normal, but I've forgotten what the explanation was. Maybe someone will come along here who has the scientific answer.

I would be concerned about an infection. You should have it looked at.

Good luck.

I have showed it to a doctor

I have showed it to a doctor

and he didn't think it was infected. He really didn't offer much explanation of what it might be, however.

Glad to hear it's not an infection. It is probably just some buildup of scar tissue but that is a guess.

Bump

Bump

Marcus said:
I had my aortic valve & root replaced in September 04. I've had a few bumps come up on my scar in the past, but for the past 3 or 4 days I've had a larger bump appear. It's a bit sensitive, although not really painful. Has anyone else had anything like this? Is it anything serious/worth worrying about? Thanks.
I had my surgery in January of this year and a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a bump on my scar. It was almost like a boil, and some clear fluid seeped out of it. Just when I was getting ready to go to the doctor, it went way down and now I can barely feel it. I'm keeping an eye on it, but it seems to have pretty much gone away.

Pam Osse said:
Mike would get bumps all the time sort of like little pimples/blackheads, but less now which is a bummer because I'm a picker and would pop them for him .
And here was I thinking I was the only one who does that!!! LOL.

Pam Osse said:
Oh yes, it's my past-time! I'll sit on him and go for it! We call it "grooming" time!

And I don't know why, but he gets the worst blackheads on his scar.
Jim too, although most have turned out to be ingrown hairs. Bit surprising at first! I know you're not supposed to squeeze spots because it leaves scars blah blah blah but it's just so satisfying!

Latest posts

Back