Bruizer Doing Well!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

conk

Hi all,

Saw Bruce Akins in the hospital today. He is doing very well and said that he can already feel the difference with his new St. Jude's Regent valve. His biggest problem has been the hiccups. He has about 4-5 bouts of them and they last for quite a while. He said that they didn't really hurt his chest, just very annoying.

At least he has no back pain like I had after my surgery. He still has his chest tubes in, but they should come out tomorrow. He seemed to be in good spirits and I know his recovery will go well. Ahhhh...it's great to be on the other side of this significant surgery.

I expect that he will be out of the hospital in another 2-3 days. He had another roommate (Robert) who had just had an AVR by Dr. Starnes as well. He seemed to be doing well also. I think he had a Homograft, but he wasn?t sure?hmmmm.

With each day I am feeling stronger and better, although I am not pushing the exercise, just staying within my Cardiologist?s guidelines, but I can already tell that I am going to feel much better with the St. Jude?s regent than I did with my leaking Homograft.

All for now?If I pick up more info on Bruce I will certainly post it.

?Conk

Thanks for letting us know, Conk-

I was a little worried when we didn't hear about Bruce. Sounds as if he's on the road to recovery now. Glad to hear it.

Me too. Thanks Conk. I appreciate you filling us in. I'm real glad you are progressing as well! Tell Bruce we are so glad he's over the mountain and we're still praying for him.

Conk,
Thanks for the update on Bruce. Glad to hear he is doing OK. I had the hiccups after surgery also and they told me that when they cool the heart down some times they also get the nerve by the diaphragm,I can't remember the name of it, I think it is the sciatic nerve. Mine went away in about a day. Again thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are doing good also.
Take Care

Dave
Heart Center of the Rockies

Thanks, Conk for telling us. It is good to know that both of you are doing well and getting on. I think there have been a few who end up with hiccoughs afterway, but it leaves eventually. Got to be annoying to the patient. Keep on keepin on ---Ann

TERRIFIC!!!

TERRIFIC!!!

Hello Conk -

It's just great to hear that you and Bruizer are both doing so well! Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery!

~Susan

Back