Bruises unusual in color and shape

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gary

I have three bruises which I cannot account for and was reading the literature that accompanied my scrip for coumadin which said to inform my doctor about "unusual bruises". Still waiting for a call back....but in the meantime,

Anyone on coumadin know what's up? They are small, no more than two inches but one is a bit splotchy, nothing like anything I've ever seen on my body before.

Hi Gary,

Since my surgery in March of 2001, I have had manny bruises. Always did bruise easy anyway, but nothing like being on the Coumadin. I can't recall most of the time where or how I may have banged myself, but the bruises are still there. I use to show them to the cardios office everytime I had to go there. They would look at them and then say. It's okaY! Most of the bruises I get are really really ugly so I thought there was a problem, but I guess not. To be on the safe side, it's better to get the cardios office opinion, just to be on the safe side.
What dosage of Coumadin are you on? I'm on 7.5mg a day, so my cardios office told me, the higher the dosage the more likely you are to bruise. Let us know what your cardio tells you. Take care and God Bless.

Thx, Lorraine.

Thx, Lorraine.

I figured since my Cardiologisthasn't called back today it can't be anything serious so now I'm just real curious about the nature of these things and why they take so long to clear and why they are so much different.

Maybe Al Lodwick, the Guru of Coumadin, here will see it or I'll e-mail him next week.

AVR 4/00 CCF 25 mm Bovine Pericardial; Cosgrove

The dose has nothing to do with bruising -- only the INR does. The reason you take a higher dose of warfarin is because you metabolize it quickly.

Little bruises - forgetaboutem!

I have three patients now (saw 2 today & seeing 1 tomorrow) who got bad hematomas (lumps about the size of a fist) that got infected and are now on continuous wound suction. Those are the kind to worry about.

Al,
how did the bruises get infected? caused by a major bump with cuts as well?
I just shuddered when I read your post! I have had so many large bruises with a bump in the middle that take awhile to go away. So far no problems,
Gail

I don't know exactly how they got infected. One is a very intelligent retired man, another was out fishing and the rock he was standing on rolled over and pinned his leg. The third is about as repulsive a person as you would ever see. His hygiene is non-existant. He has come back 2 weeks after a finger stick and still had the Band Aid that I put on his finger in place. His wound actually had maggots in it!!!!!

This prompted me to compose a limerick for my student
A man covered with crud
Wanted Alicia to draw his blood
But she said, "Dag nab it
He's being eaten by a maggot.
He be cleaner rolling in mud."

Some days are better than others.

Latest posts

Back