Brooks M: Live Update!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

John Cochran

I'm down in Rochester, MN for a wedding, and went to visit Brooks M at St. Mary's Hospital here. I printed out all of your messages and gave them to Brooks, who is looking just great in spite of the hard work of recovering.

Brooks' dad, charming mother and lovely wife were there, too, and it looks like he's getting plenty of loving care. Mayo runs a tight ship, and I never cease to be awestruck by what a wonderful facility it is.

Brooks is a strong robust man, and he looks like he could still whack a softball out of the park in spite of his surgery! I'm sure he'll tell you all about his experiences once he's home and up to it, but for now, it looks like he's well on the way to recovery with his heart now good for thousands more innings!

It is sure gratifying to me, with my own surgery still ahead, to see how well people get through this tremendous journey. Hang in there Brooks, and remember not to eat all that Minnesota wild rice in one sitting!

--John

John, thanks for taking the time to update us on Brooks. I'm sure he appreciated someone from the group taking the time to check on him (I know I did when Chris dropped by).

Brooks, well done! Keep a positive attitude and run with your newfound health.

Welcome to the other side of the mountain.

I'm still in awe at how well he appears to be recovering.
Again Mr.C, it's great that you can and do visit people.
Is there any news about your surgery? I would think you'd be going nuts about now. I know I am and I still have 2 weeks to go.

Ross,
Yes, waiting for surgery--especially when waiting for a donor--puts one into uncharted waters mentally. One thing that helps, though, is to see how people like Brooks and Jennie cope so well. There is no shortage of good role models here for getting through this. In a strange way climbing this particular mountain probably causes us all to grow stronger emotionally, and to truly appreciation the goodness in so many people who we might never have met otherwise.

Hang in there, Ross...and remember that anticipation is almost always much worse than the actual event. That said, I think I'll go have me a nice little anxiety attack ;-)

--John

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back