Brian is in the hospital again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briansmom

Brian just hasn't recovered from the last time he was in here. If you remember he came in about a month ago with renal failure. They gave him IV fluids which helped his kidney but got him pretty fluid overloaded. They lasixed him in the hospital but he has continued to retain fluid since he got out. He is very SOB during the day and wakes up gasping at night. They are going to try to get his fluid level down with IV meds and also do some type of nuclear study (?) which is like a stress test without the treadmill. This test hopefully will let them know if anything is wrong with his bypasses.

They are not really sure why he has been retaining fluid because his echo looks pretty good. (EF of 42% and PH pressure of 40) He has been getting depressed because he hasn't been able to do anything for the last month. He has been spending most of his time in bed. That scares me because I can tell he is getting tired of being sick. I don't want him to give up.

No questions here, I guess I am just whining a little.

Praying for you and Brian. Hope they can come up with solid answers to the problem with fluid. Sending hugs for Brian. I can understand his "sick of being sick" feelings. God Bless You:)

I wish none of us ever had to start on this journey to begin with. I'll certainly have a take with the man about it. I think I know what the next step may be, but I'll shut my pie hole until we see what they do this time.

Echo tech is in here now, apparently his pulmonary pressures are way up again, she won't tell me what they are - that is never a good sign.

OMG, you are not whining! Please always come here for support. You know we understand. We can collectively feel helpless with you!!! :(

Brian hasn't felt well. I bet he isn't really that depressed, just not energetic and therefore lethargic. Of course he is tired of being sick. But he has never sounded like the type who would give up. Especially when he has you there so strong pulling for him.

So stay strong. Don't second guess what a tech is or isn't saying. Stay positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes and huge good thoughts zapping your way.

Marguerite

Keeping Brian in my prayers. And the rest of your family. Thank you for keeping us posted!

I'm so sorry that this is happening Deanne! 18 is a tough age to have to slow down when most kids feel like their invisible. I hope they can get some things figured out and treated so he can get back to his usual life.

Deanne, I'm so sorry that you and Brian are having to go through this. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. LINDA

you and Brian are both in my thoughts; maybe you could mention your fear f depression to one of his team, they could maybe do an eval, and put your mind at rest, or maybe prescribe something or some therapy to get him through this rough patch.

Echo tech is in here now, apparently his pulmonary pressures are way up again, she won't tell me what they are - that is never a good sign.

we hate them when they say something out of line, and we hate them when they don't :)

Back