Breast Cancer Awareness

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mara

Hi all

October is breast cancer awareness month. I know there are some VR members who have battled this disease. My mom is an 11 year survivor, and my aunt is a 4 year survivor.
Do yourself, your wife, you mom or you daughter a favor and get that person a mammogram! It could be a life saver!

---here's tidbit on soy.

I just go some info from a physician friend of my mom's--- my mom is an RN and hospital administrator and the physician is a female internal medicine doc...

Anyway this doc says soy is good for PMS and pre-menopausal ailments.

In addition, soy helps reduce cholesterol, helps with strong bones. all things we need.

Mara,
Thank you for your timely post! As a breast cancer survivor (as of this time lol) I appreciate the support that everyone has shown. Women and men (yes, men can get breast cancer) need to be aware of this disease and get mammograms when needed!

Take care,
Zazzy

Zazzy-
I knew you were a survivor and I am so pleased you are!

Yep, men get between 2% and 5% of all breast cancers.

I hope we find a cure to this disease.

-Mara

Amen, Mara!!
i just lost a very close friend to breast cancer this year. it's a tough fight. her emotional strength kept her going many years past the deadline dr's had given her! still, it's a tough battle in every sense of the word.

i wish a cure would be found. i am in awe of survivors. i imagine the fear involved with this scary disease. it seems so rampant these days.

zazzy and others in these shoes, God bless you and keep you well while we search for this cure.

great posting mara!!!
thanks!
-sylvia

Latest posts

Back