Boycott time?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boycott?

Boycott?

Kevin..I was very careful to start my thread under SMALL talk. Please go back and read what Hank has written under it.."Here is where you can say whatever you like..Whenever you want to say it............:) I also reviewed in my mind if we had any members from France, Germany .None that I could think of..other than me:D my g-grandfather came from Germany. My maiden name is Schroeder........It is MY opinion that France and Germany do not won't to upset Iraq because they both have billion dollars oil contracts with them..This is their interest.......The United States best interest is there be NO more 9/11's......Thanks for the list Ann..John and I will look for these stations who do not import from Middle East....Bonnie

We have decided not to go to Europe this summer for a long planned motorcycle tour of the Alps again...I don't feel welcome or safe there...we will go to the Rockies and on up into the Canadian Rockies.

I just resent the fact that we are always bailing them out and now they can't support our president in doing what he thinks is vital. If something goes wrong in their territory due to Iraq, I hope they don't think we will rush to their aid!

We will bail out anyone who needs us - that's the way we do things. Right? The American way.

And, Jean, I agree that you maybe shouldn't go. Too dangerous there for Americans right now. Even dangerous for Europeans.

Don't forget that France had colonized some Arabic countries. And both Germany and France have large Arabic populations.

Jean from Michigan! I am with you. The husband and I had our summer trip planned to France, Italy, England, Germany and Switzerland. 3 week whirlwind tour. Never been.

We have since changed our mind! We can't leave our 6 year old here in the States with Grandma and enjoy ourselves with all of the uncertainty everywhere. My family means more to me than a trip to Europe. We will stick to the states and take our chances.

As James Brown said, "I feel 'safe' -- uh, 'good.'

As James Brown said, "I feel 'safe' -- uh, 'good.'

You don't need to change your minds about European travel Jean and Gina. Well, I sure hope this guy is my pilot out of London's Heathrow next week..:D

Please ensure your sound is turned up for a little 'low-class' entertainment!

http://64.224.14.56/EUNI/july_02/pilots_01.html

Shezagirlie

Shezagirlie

Funny, but sad sign of our times, I have to let my hubby see it, since he fixes those planes, bullet holes and all.

Terry40

Thanks for the gas station list!!! Jason is a courrier and drives his 1999 Ford F150 ext cab all over the Phoenix metro area everyday. He usually uses about $20-30 in gas daily! I will print the list and stick it on his dashboard!!

THX THX THX!

Tis funny how the world works

Tis funny how the world works

I have been reading your posts with interest..here in the North of Scotland we have not been preparing for war like you have been doing ....I've been invited to a wedding of a dear friend in North Carolina ..in August ...I'd love to go ...but my family won't let me with the current unrest and situation. They see the US as far too dangerous.To be honest I think the US is going to become much more vunerable from terrorists if we go to war and unfortuately the more popular areas of the UK too.
I read your posts with interests but have been a little saddened by the anti European posts I have read. While I may not agree with other countries ...even your one sometimes I respect the right of them to make their own decisions by their democratically
elected leaders.
Someone also brought up WW2 but may I very respectfully remind you that America follow a policy of non intervention at the start of the War in Europe and only entered it after Pearl Harbour.
Vietnam was another war in which America stood almost alone and Gee Whizz would you want to go there again folks ?
This is not an Anti American post and I hope it does not read that way ..as I teenager I experienced first hand the bombing of the city I lived in (Famagusta 1974..Greek/Turkey ..Cyprus)..as long as I live I will never forget the noise, horror ,smell ,of being bombed for days on end..also I will never forget the look of desperation and terror on the mothers and childrens faces as they fled there burning homes looking for shelter or help where there was none.
We must be very sure that there is no other way before we inflict that terror on innocent babies/children and mothers .
Yours Respectfully
Scottie

Hey Scottie - thank you for posting. sometimes we need a new face on things and we have got it from you. I agree with you that war is not the way. I see my grandson and want him alive after I am not. I recall WWII = my grandmother's gold star in the window - the aftermath of the devastation - the soldiers returning home without sight, limbs and with horrible memories. Had a neighbor, after I grew up and was married, from Yugoslavia whose mother had to travel with her two children through fields during night hours to stay alive. Those horrors are not known to our present generations. I pray they will never have to know them in their lifetimes. Thank you for giving another point of view. It is will appreciated - by me. Love Ann

P.S. isn't it strange that Europeans consider U.S. a dangerous place and vice versa! Blame it on the news reports, I guess, but we are seeing Heathrow and the guns and you are probably seeing Washington with the same. I wouldn't want to travel right now - anywhere.

Last edited:
LOLOL@Monker

LOLOL@Monker

I hope not ...my son is coming to Calgary in July to the Stampede to play with his Pipeband ..at the moment the trip is still on because they are going to Canada and not the US ...stay safe
Scottie

Latest posts

Back