Boycott time?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

We need to vent..Let's get our minds off terriorism..and think of all the things we can quit buying that France and Germany send over to America for us to buy......I will start..French wine..Perrior (sp) water. Ross, you can spell it right for me..German beer...German made cars..someone else add some things.:D :D Bonnie

French Fries :D
French Toast
French Roast Coffee
Escargot-Snails
I can't come up with much for France. :(

B.M.W.
Volkswagon
Mercedes Benz
Audi

Perfume

Perfume

NO French perfume for wives, girlfriends tomorrow.:p :p :p No chocolate candy from France. Godiva?:confused: Bonnie

Evian

Evian

How about Evian. Does that product show how the French think about us? Try spelling Evian backwards and see what you get...

And let's not forget about China and Korea.
How many things do you have with labels from these guys?
They don't want to support us, well OK let's hit where it hurts.
In their pocketbooks!!

korea

korea

Rich, you're right. I'm taking back all that NORTH Korean crap back tomorrow. I bought it at the friggin' dollar store!

By-the-way, somebody on this forum wanted to boycott French and German crap.

Which American car company is owned by Germans? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it Chrysler?

Germans own Rolls-Royce too!

Crap, there goes my luxury mini-van.

My opinion is that politics, religion and other matters where we don't always share the same views, are best left to more appropriate websites.

What if some of the members here live in France, Germany or Korea?

Do you feel less sympathy for them or decline offering your support because of this?

Just my 2 cents.
Kev

France and Germany are only doing what they believe is in their best interests, just as the U.S. is doing what we believe is in our best interests.
Leave it at that.

ITS JUST VENTING! Thats all --Gotta let off steam sometime, somehow. You know, we can't address the U.N., so we do what we can do.:(

Hey, Mara - I agree with them (I am dodging all the darts coming my way right now) - don't think we need to be in a war of any kind involving weapons and death. But this thread is a way of everyone sharing views - and puns - and insults - and tongue-in-cheek stuff - and aren't we a varied bunch.

If you truly want to boycot, here's food for thought:

GASOLINE SOLUTION!

We CAN buy gasoline that's not from Middle East. Why didn't George W. think of this? Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor. An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00 - 8/31/01):

Shell............................205,742,000 barrels Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels Exxon /Mobil................130,082,000 barrels Marathon/Speedway...117,740,000 barrels Amoco.........................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo....................0 barrels
Sunoco............. ..0 barrels
Conoco............. ..0 barrels
Sinclair............... 0 barrels
BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels Hess...................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.They report on a monthly basis. Keep this list in your car; share it with friends. Stop paying for terrorism.............

Hey Mara, I agree with you fully.
Why would they want to get involved in this mess?............

No "boycott" here. We are having our Moet & Chandon tonight.;) You only live once. And, as Marty stated eariler on, we have more to worry about now than our valves and INR. So enjoy!That's what were doing!

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my near and dear heart buddies!

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to Cit-go I go...ta dah dah dah -- ta dah dah dah...Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho!!! Forgot the words..:D

**Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz, my friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends. Worked hard all my lifetime - no help from my friends. Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mer-say-deeze-bends.....**;)

I've missed it again...out of the loop...

I've missed it again...out of the loop...

I've got to start watching TV or listening to news radio, and read that news paper the day of delivery.

I've already had a personal boycott against gas stations, thanks for an updated list I was limited to the Hess in a very busy intersection, now I have some other choices thanks.

Terry40

Latest posts

Back