Bouts of lightheadedness and flashes in eyes one year post-op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paleowoman;n871811 said:
I didn't have any particular back pain after surgery rosalia, some shoulder pain which soon went, sternal and chest pain though for quite a while.
Me either, but I did find chiropractic made a difference.

Back at Uni I tried the neurologist path, those guys specialized in different issues to mine.

It will only cost you a few bucks to try

Someone told me my posture is noticeably different, since before surgery. She told me I look 'closed up' (she's a massage therapist, and I think that's a thing). I didn't do it on purpose. I think it just happens. Yep, back and chest discomfort.

pellicle;n871825 said:
Me either, but I did find chiropractic made a difference.

Back at Uni I tried the neurologist path, those guys specialized in different issues to mine.

It will only cost you a few bucks to try
It's certainly something for me to try thanks. I suspect I may see a neurologist first if I feel this is a problem I need investigating (so far it's just either irritating or pretty) as it won't cost me anything and I get quick access to top consultants due to the health insurance from dh's work - I wouldn't have to go through the NHS which is overworked as it is.

rosalia;n871809 said:
Maybe there is something to that - I don't know about anyone else, but when I first woke up my upper back was in agony from having been held down during surgery... you all might be onto something! Did anyone else experience that? The upper back pain after surgery? It subsided quickly enough but who knows what that could have done. Hmm

I had a similar issue after my surgery in 2010. It was a long 13 hr surgery, and then they had to go back and complete it 2 days later with another 4 hr surgery.
So due to the position they stretch you into for OH surgery, I ended up with "Frozen Shoulder". I had to go to therapy for months to get my shoulder and arm functional again.

Latest posts

Back