Bonzo Dog's third valve replacement is Friday, Aug. 21

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonzo sending prayers and wishing you a speedy recovery after
a sucessful surgery....sure hope we get an update from you

Many thanks for your best wishes. :)

In the run up to Obama's election I tried to start an intelligent discussion about USA health care policies as outlined by Presidential candidates. How naive to think a medical survivors forum would be a good place to do that. :rolleyes: The level of selfishness displayed by some VR respondents sickened me. As did racists dragging immigration into the debate. My attempts to be an open minded compassionate voice were drowned out by reactionary bigots with closed minds. So, very wound up by this, I decided it was best to leave VR. I drop in as a browsing guest occasionally and was despondent recently to see a thread on Obama's proposed reforms getting similar treatment. As Mary seemed like a lone rational compassionate voice, I emailed her in support.

This current best wishes to me thread is very touching. Especially due to my long absence. It reminds me of VR.com at it's best. However memories of it at it's worse still linger, so I will not be returning as an active member.

This is a 3rd VR. The second was a post endocarditis, mech valve out, homograft root and valve in. The graft is now 11 years, heavily calcified and incompetent so it's time to say goodbye to it. Artificial root and mech valve to go in. Much as pic below, except my coronary arteries are fused onto the graft and calcified rigid at the root end, so they will be made up with Dacron for an inch or so and then sewn onto the new root.

Conduit_In_Place.jpg

Surgeon gives a 15-20% mortality rate on this op. However that is a global figure and as I am otherwise well and have no co morbidities, I'll hopefully post in a couple of weeks with a survivors message.

Thanks again. :)

Best wishes for a successful and hopefully uneventful surgery. I'll be awaiting the survivors message. ;)

Simon,

Sure miss your input on this forum! I have been thinking of you, wondering what happened. God bless and keep you.

Many thanks for your best wishes. :)

In the run up to Obama's election I tried to start an intelligent discussion about USA health care policies as outlined by Presidential candidates. How naive to think a medical survivors forum would be a good place to do that. :rolleyes: The level of selfishness displayed by some VR respondents sickened me. As did racists dragging immigration into the debate. My attempts to be an open minded compassionate voice were drowned out by reactionary bigots with closed minds. So, very wound up by this, I decided it was best to leave VR. I drop in as a browsing guest occasionally and was despondent recently to see a thread on Obama's proposed reforms getting similar treatment. As Mary seemed like a lone rational compassionate voice, I emailed her in support.

This current best wishes to me thread is very touching. Especially due to my long absence. It reminds me of VR.com at it's best. However memories of it at it's worse still linger, so I will not be returning as an active member.

This is a 3rd VR. The second was a post endocarditis, mech valve out, homograft root and valve in. The graft is now 11 years, heavily calcified and incompetent so it's time to say goodbye to it. Artificial root and mech valve to go in. Much as pic below, except my coronary arteries are fused onto the graft and calcified rigid at the root end, so they will be made up with Dacron for an inch or so and then sewn onto the new root.

Conduit_In_Place.jpg

Surgeon gives a 15-20% mortality rate on this op. However that is a global figure and as I am otherwise well and have no co morbidities, I'll hopefully post in a couple of weeks with a survivors message.

Thanks again. :)

Thank you for your honesty & having a voice of reason!!!

Your welcome to come join the new debate when your up to it. It's un moderated and that should suit anyone that wants to discuss the matter and not have the outside influences of the general forum. Not sure I would say people are bigoted or closed minded, they just don't want it in the open forums. I have to deal with the majority here and this is one time that I disagree, so this is the way it is.

Bonz my brother across the pond, I have missed you. I will be with you in spirit Friday, and look forward to a good report somewhere down the line. Your valve bro, Brian

Back