Bob is on the other side.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bob,
Way to go! Hurry up and get back home, we're having a beautiful fall here and the mountains and high plains are calling you.

38.jpg

John

Thanks for all of the well wishes!

Thanks for all of the well wishes!

Thanks all. I'm doing good and feeling good. No progress on the PT INR yet so I am still in the hospital.

My post surgery echocardiogram was perfect and it gives me some confidence to see this nice solid beating heart - very steady rhythm.

Mainframe, let me know your plans! Ross, I'm heading over to the anticoagulation forum right now. Woodbutcher, I'm envious of your ride. Lionheart, thanks for the reminder to get back home to beautiful Colorado.

I've been on Coumadin for 4 days now and no changes yet in my INR.

Cheers,

You sound like you have are making fantastic progress. Down the mountain will be a piece of cake. Don't worry about the anticoagulation therapy, it will settle into a routine without much effort. Just follow the plan. After 7 years, I am seldom out of range, don't let it define you. You will do great!!

Best of luck,

Bill

Update at Day

I was released fro the clinic yesterday afternoon and continue to do well. Mary and I will spend a couple fo days in Cleveland nearby and then fly back to Colorado a couple fo days early. My INR shows just 1.2 after 5 doses of Coumadin 3, 5, 5, 7.5, 7.5 (and last evening I added 10). I will be tested today again and will see where we are but I am thinking that I can deal with the anticoagulation issues as well with my local support than needing to be in Ohio for it. I also have some pericardial infusion? I'm not sure what that means but certainly feel amazingly well overall. The cardio here has prescribed prednisone for it and I wonder if that may be a little aggressive? Isn't it common to have some infusion after a second surgery?

I walked a mile yesterday and even joined the dawn rooftop yoga class yesterday morning. I have lots of energy but become quickly tired. Last night in the hotel was the first night I have slept in larger blocks - two hours at a time - sine the surgery. I'm hungry and eating well.

Well that's my update! Any thoughts about the Coumadin or prednisone?

Take care all,

Ah, we are home to Colorado and I can't tell you how good it feels to be home! Knock on wood, but everything seems to be going very very well. At 10 days post surgery I know I have a long way to go. But I have lots of energy, good exercise tolerance (I am walking a mile and a half in the mornings and then a few shorter walks throughout the day. My pain is low, using only Tylenol now. My digestion is coming around though not regular yet. I can sleep on my side already (funny, because after my first surgery I could not sleep on my side for weeks). The valve is quite quiet though I can hear it while lying in bed at night - kind of nice. I'm coming up to speed on anticoagulation and am now at 3.3. All in all things seems surprisingly good.

I'll keep quiet now, but I am so delighted and wanted to let others know that sometimes things just plain go well. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Later.

Hey Bob,
So glad you are doing well. It is great to hear how much walking you have been doing. I have not been walking as much as you I think I need to step it up!

Just nice to hear such a great report! Keep it up Bob.
Lori

Latest posts

Back