Blue Cross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Karlynn

Hi Lance,
We just found out that my husband's company is switching their insurance provider to BC/BS Illinois. Do you have any quick answer to what they will cover on my ProTime testing supplies?

Thanks!

We have the PPO Karlynn. For the last 3 years. Negative on the coverage for supplies. You may get them to pay for a portion of the unit. Personally.... I have just given up. Got real old. Wasting more time than it's worth.

If you find a "backdoor" on coverage of supplies....please let us know.

Good Luck!

Gina, you confirmed my suspicions. My fuzzy brain remembers some discussion in the past about BS/BC (particularly BS/BC Illinois) being stinkers on coverage for the machine and supplies. Now I remember that when my sister called QAS to look into getting a machine for her husband they said to forget about BS/BC covering anything.

We can only hope now that Medicare is covering such.... that other carriers will follow suit.

Put it plainly....the lab I use charges $130 per test. Closest to my home. Community hospital. If I did not absorb the cost of supplies.....my insurance company would be billed over $1000 for what could have cost $72. :mad: Plus I am one of those with non-exsistant veins. I am certain they would be chasing me down the hall looking at my heels. Once had that threat and I was discharged before they could catch me ;) At that....I don't mind paying the price for a piece of sanity:D

Has anyone in MICHIGAN been successful in getting BC/BS of Michigan to cover any type of Home Test Instrument and/or Supplies?

'AL Capshaw'

Latest posts

Back