Bloody urine after 2 months surgery.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leoneida

HELLO
:eek2:Today I was working and I had a very busy morning after waiting to go to the bathroom the WHOLE day. I decide to go I have a very bad surprise, :frown2:I was peeing blood. It freaks me out so bad :frown2: that I had a very bad headache in the back of my head, a coworker called 911. They came and found just my blood pressure was a little high since I am on Coumadin I went to the ER... They did a CT scan and found out I have kidney stones that I have a lot in my left side and I have another of 4 mm coming down and causing the bleeding. My question is how is possible be bleeding so bad, have kidney stone and do not have any pain. I had big history with kidney stones and ALWAYS I have pain even the stone was very small. :confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:
THANK YOU

Did they check your INR? Was it within the prescribed range? I would feel relieved at knowing the source of the blood in the urine has been found.

Yes they did, it is 2.9 which is great I need to be between 2.5-3.5... yes of course I feel relieved knowing it is anything complicated.... my question is anyone here that have kidney stones without pain? and how can Drs know if is it not an internal bleeding...

Last edited:
It's my understanding that when kidney stones are passing through, sometimes they cause bleeding. Since you're on Comadin, anytime you bleed, you're going to bleed more than usual. I don't know why you haven't had pain this time. It's probably not related to your Coumadin.

Sorry to hear of your kidney stones. Just to play it safe, stay aware if you come down with any fevers while this resolves and let your doctors know right away if on the rare chance you do get fevers, which could be an indication of a dangerous urinary tract infection. Sounds like your doctor is on top of things. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear of your kidney stones. Just to play it safe, stay aware if you come down with any fevers while this resolves and let your doctors know right away if on the rare chance you do get fevers, which could be an indication of a dangerous urinary tract infection. Sounds like your doctor is on top of things. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thank you, today I went to the Urologist, he told me that it is normal to do not have pain, the pain is when the stone is blocking the urine and that cause lot of pain, blood is a symptom of infection or cancer... they will made a Rx next Wednesday and next Monday Dr will made a Cystoscopy.... I hope it is just stones! I stop bleeding this morning but the doctor told me that he can see blood in my urine.
Wish me luck... I am very nervous

I’m glad you don’t have much pain and you’re under good care by your doctor. You probably already know this, but as heart valve patients it’s important to remember that the American Heart Association recommends antibiotic prophylaxis (precautionary pre-medication) before certain procedures. This is for more than just dental visits, it can include some urinary tract procedures. It sounds like your urologist is aware of your heart condition and will know if any pre-meds are necessary. For heart patients like us, it’s very important to always let other treating doctors know of our background. Since it appears you are within the first 3 months post-op, sometimes folks like to also let their cardiologist know of what other procedures you’re undergoing. I tend to error on safety, especially during recovery periods :). You did well to get attention promptly. I hope you’re back to normal soon!

I’m glad you don’t have much pain and you’re under good care by your doctor. You probably already know this, but as heart valve patients it’s important to remember that the American Heart Association recommends antibiotic prophylaxis (precautionary pre-medication) before certain procedures. This is for more than just dental visits, it can include some urinary tract procedures. It sounds like your urologist is aware of your heart condition and will know if any pre-meds are necessary. For heart patients like us, it’s very important to always let other treating doctors know of our background. Since it appears you are within the first 3 months post-op, sometimes folks like to also let their cardiologist know of what other procedures you’re undergoing. I tend to error on safety, especially during recovery periods :). You did well to get attention promptly. I hope you’re back to normal soon!

Thank you Forrest, My Urologist didn't tell me anything about it, he just told me that I do not need to stop taking Coumadin. He didn't mention about the antibiotics. I'll ask him before he does anything. Than you for reminding me it.

Thank you, today I went to the Urologist, he told me that it is normal to do not have pain, the pain is when the stone is blocking the urine and that cause lot of pain, blood is a symptom of infection or cancer... they will made a Rx next Wednesday and next Monday Dr will made a Cystoscopy.... I hope it is just stones! I stop bleeding this morning but the doctor told me that he can see blood in my urine.
Wish me luck... I am very nervous

That is correct. My husband and my Mom both had kidney stones, and they don't cause pain until they move into the tract and cause blockage problems. Sometimes a bit of bleeding
will occur and other times nothing. Best wishes.

Back