Blood pressures drops

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tex

Well here i am again asking you guys questions!! I am now nearly 6 months post surgery, i had a AVR and Mitral Valve repair, im the one whos sterum hasnt fused together in part i am now awaiting an operation to rewire it in part. But before the operation and still after it i have been having dizzy spells, 2 weeks ago in the shower i had one and ended up banging my face on the hand rail lovely bruise i had, but on monday had another and this time broke my foot, had a pair of flip flops on and somehow went over on them hence the broke foot. Went to ER Xrayed foot but were more concerned about the dizzy spells which i had put down to the meds i was on. They did an ECG which she said wasnt bad!!! But then did my blood pressure which was up a bit at 175/90 they did this first with me laying down the stood me and retook it it drop by 19 is what they said and this could acount for me keep going dizzy. She has now wrote to the Cardiologist with her findings and i am awaiting an appointment to see him, she said she would of kept me in hospital if it had gone down 20 or more i said i have only come with my foot lol. Just wondered if anybody else had gone through this, she did say i need to drink more fluids to help this. I have to go back to ER monday to check out how things are doing.
Thanks for your help
Jane

Hey Jane!!! I can't help but just wanted you to know I'm thinking about ya and I hope they get this worked out!!! Now you've got a broke foot too, I am so sorry!!!! Let me know what your cadiologist says. When will you be having the other surgery???

Hi Carole,
How you doing i have been following your treads, you have had a pretty rough time with one thing and another, Hows your INR doing?
My operation will be anytime during the next 10 weeks just waiting for the date to arrive, cant wait, not !!!!
Yip now a broken foot could be a broke neck if im not careful on the crutches LOL
Let me now how things are going with you.
Take Care
Jane

175/90 is high, but the drop isn't unusual when standing. Certainly something is amiss and needs to be looked into. Any chance of an inner ear infection?

No they gave me a really good examination, temp was normal, it just seems one thing after another. I would of thought me being on Rampril my blood pressure would be ok, and has been the last few months whenever its been taken. Its just another thing to add to my list, i seem to get one thing sorted then something else comes along!!!!!!

You sure you weren't suffering white coat syndrome and that be the cause for the high BP? I know I do. The nurse can take mine and I'm fine, but let that Doc come in and poof, I'm up there.

Could be that, my mum only has to walk into the surgery and her goes through the roof, so yes it could well be that, i am going back monday so im sure they will be re-checking it. I was wondering if the blood pressure had gone up due the pain i was in with my foot.

Hi Bina,
Do you know my hubby and i were just talking about getting a home blood pressure monitor, and then log into here and you just said the same thing.
Hope you are well and thanks for that
Take Care
Jane

I some times have the "white coat syndrome". Sometimes mine checks much higher at the doctors office then the readings I get at home. I think it's best to also check blood pressure at home and do it about 3 different times a day.
Agree, 175/90 is time for concern!

Back