Blood pressure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MethodAir;n862130 said:
The context I've most often seen for heart remodellng are the changes in response to pathology

agreed ... but my point was to attempt to explain the phenomenon ... Strangely this is exactly how my surgeon explained it to me decades ago before there was this term. Are you suggesting that the biological basis is different (even if the term is not usually used in that context)?

pellicle;n862132 said:
Are you suggesting that the biological basis is different (even if the term is not usually used in that context)?

The subject of hypertrophy is complex and ill understood (particularly by the medical community). Different types of training for instance produce different types of hypertrophy. As an extension, I think it is safe to say that the mechanisms of a failing heart also produce a different effect.

Exercise-induced muscle hypertrophy is facilitated by a number of signaling pathways, whereby the effects of mechano-stimulation are molecularly transduced to downstream targets that shift muscle protein balance to favor synthesis over degradation. Several primary anabolic signaling pathways have been identified including Akt/mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), and calcium-(Ca2+) dependent pathways

The Akt/mTOR pathway is believed to act as a master network regulating skeletal muscle growth (18,77,181). Although the specific molecular mechanisms have not been fully elucidated, Akt is considered a molecular upstream nodal point that is both an effector of anabolic signaling and a dominant inhibitor of catabolic signals (126,182). When activated, Akt signals mTOR, which then exerts effects on various downstream targets that promote hypertrophy in muscle tissue

It is unfortunate the 'medical community' is so far behind and continues with their asinine assertions.

Brad Schoenfeld is one of the leaders of this emerging science. http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/articl...ypertrophy.pdf

Back