Blood pressure monitoring

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Omron brand--same kind my cardio uses, only in portable form. Records your heart rate, and has 2 separate memory settings so if you and your wife both use it, it will save your BP info up to 20 readings. Also keeps track of time and day.

I got mine at Costco a couple years ago right before my surgery so I could monitor myself at home post-op-- think it was about 20-30 bucks.

Debi (debster913)

When I had my first OHS four and a half years ago, my surgeon recommended Reli On brand. I hardly ever use it. I did when I initially got it as he wanted me to watch my BP but after a great many good readings, I put it away and rarely take it out.

Those sort of things make me feel like a patient. I don't want to think that way.

You know, I really don't think it matters anymore. I've seen all types used at the hospitals lately, so I think the brachial artery thing may be a thing of the past.

Oops, strike my last post as stupidity:

Digital monitors can be fitted on the upper arm, wrist or finger. Arm devices are the most accurate. Avoid devices that measure blood pressure in your finger, because they're not accurate. Wrist blood pressure devices are slightly more accurate than finger devices, but are still not usually recommended. One use for wrist monitors is for those people for whom a large upper arm cuff is too small or can't be used because of shape or pain from the pressure of the cuff when it inflates. Be sure your arm is at heart level when using a wrist monitor.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-blood-pressure/HI00016

I have the upper arm cuff type of monitor. I must have used it over 200 times by now.
It's digital, battery operated.
My only complaint is that when my BP is really low or my HR is jumping around too much, then I don't get a reading.
I may just buy another model and see how that goes.

Latest posts

Back