Bentall Procedure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neda: I had the Bentall precedure done on May 3 of this year. This is what the surgeon said in his post-op report--"underwent modified Bentall aortic root replacement with a Number 23 St. Jude Valve conduit and replacement of ascending aorta with a number 28 Hemashield graft using right axillary cannulation". (The surgery was about 6 hours--on bypass for 3 1/2-4 hrs.) This does sound like what you will have done. I was 58 (just had a birthday and am now 59). I had no problems in surgery. The only problems I had after surgery was very bad upper back paid (heat packs helped) and some A fib. Everyone said the A fib was normal and I did convert a couple of days after I went home. I was in SICU less than 24 hours and went home from the hospital on the 6th day (I could have gone home on the 5th day but the A fib had me concerned.) I am doing cardiac rehab now and feel great! I drove 4 1/2 hours this past weekend to babysit the grandkids. Let me know if you think I can answer any questions for you or help with any of your concerns.

I would have replied to your post but I just recovering from Bentall Procedure. I am 9 days post surgery and doing great. The things that really bother me at this point are coughing, fluid build up, when I sleep my body tightens up really bad and sometimes I need help getting up. Other than that EACH DAY IS BETTER THAN THE DAY BEFORE!

Thank you all for responding to my questions. It is so encouraging to hear from people that have been through it (and at different stages after surgery). I will need to be setting a date for the surgery and making that call to the surgeon soon! It's kind of weird but I'm feeling good about it but still freaking out a bit at times. I'm sure I will be have more questions to ask you guys. Thanks again.

Neda

Latest posts

Back