Bentall procedure on Tuesday 27 June

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikasn

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

I am Vikas M/45 from Delhi, India.

Around 2 years ago came to know of my ascending aorta aneurysm measuring 5.1 cm which has now crossed the threshold of 5.5 cm in the latest scans. Additionally, AR has gone from mild to moderate. 3-4 Surgeons that I consulted have all suggested Bentall with only one surgeon willing to perform the Ross procedure. After considering all options I am inclined towards Bentall.

This forum has been of great help in keeping the focus throughout, in overcoming the depression that I went into post-discovery of aneurysm, and in taking the decision of going ahead with surgery without having any symptoms.

Thanks a lot.

It would most likely be SJM conduit (Graft+Valve). I have also asked the surgeon team about why Actitrom is preferred over Warfarin here, but yet to get a convincing answer. Would be looking for some help on self-testing and INR management post surgery.

Regards,
Vikas N

Best wishes on your surgery. My sister got the SJ tissue conduit after her year old AVR+Dacron stent had developed 2 new aneurysms. She is nearly one year post the second surgery & feeling good.

Hello Everyone,

I am Vikas M/45 from Delhi, India.

Around 2 years ago came to know of my ascending aorta aneurysm measuring 5.1 cm which has now crossed the threshold of 5.5 cm in the latest scans. Additionally, AR has gone from mild to moderate. 3-4 Surgeons that I consulted have all suggested Bentall with only one surgeon willing to perform the Ross procedure. After considering all options I am inclined towards Bentall.

This forum has been of great help in keeping the focus throughout, in overcoming the depression that I went into post-discovery of aneurysm, and in taking the decision of going ahead with surgery without having any symptoms.

Thanks a lot.

It would most likely be SJM conduit (Graft+Valve). I have also asked the surgeon team about why Actitrom is preferred over Warfarin here, but yet to get a convincing answer. Would be looking for some help on self-testing and INR management post surgery.

Regards,
Vikas N
I had a Bentall procedure done 1.5 years ago. The doctor used a bovine Edwards valve. So far, I’m doing fine and I am not on any blood thinners. I was on Eliquis for a few months. The doctor did an AV clip during my operation because that is the area where clots usually form. Best of luck with your surgery!

Hi

here's wishing you an uneventful procedure.

Actitrom is preferred over Warfarin here, but yet to get a convincing answer. Would be looking for some help on self-testing and INR management post surgery.

Actitrom is not much more difficult to manage than Warfarin, but it is very sensitive to a missed dose. What you'll need to do is just buy a Roche Coaguchek (INRange is the current model, but XS is just as good) and test weekly.

This blog post (and the one linked within it) will help you.

http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2015/10/managing-my-inr-example.html
Document what you're doing, be driven by the data. The intention is INR, the dose you need is what you need to take to get the INR.

Your surgeon is the best person to listen to with respect to your target INR.

Best Wishes

Latest posts

Back