Been out of the loop-Need to Vent

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right before each of my surgeries my bp would go severely low. At one point it was 80/50. I would have surgery and it would climb to100/60. I normally have very low blood pressure. I guess that is better than high. I also have had problems with blood count after surgery. My blood count has gone down to 6. I was always able to get it up on my own though. I didn't want a transfusion. Lots of red meat and green vegies. Iron supplements do havoc on my stomach. Right now my BP stays around 100/70. Very healthy is what my doctor says.

OK I give up

OK I give up

You guys like to beat up on me for sure. I'll get a picture up as soon as I Figure out how to do it. I'll try to pick a dull one so as to not cause any fibrilation problems with you ladies, the pacemaker surgeons are making too much money anyway. Actually, the picture Ross posted is a pretty good resemblence. Chris aka squarepants

Chris

Chris

Scroll up and look at the last 7 pictures and tell me your heart doesn't beat fast...:D :D :D Bonnie

A thorn in the roses

A thorn in the roses

I agree Bonny - Thought I'd died and gone to heaven - until I saw some member's face from N Canton, Ohio. That's enough to make you quit drinking. Sports Illustrated swim suit edition can't compare to our (lady) members. Sorry Ross, gottat beat up on somebody-I figure if they're picking on you, they'll leave me alone. By the way, how DO you post a photo ?

Chris

Chris

I know you are new to this forum. Did you think Ross was a man:confused: :confused: Ross is short for Roselyn..:p Like, Roselyn Carter..Jimmy's wife from Georgia.Now, you tell her you are sorry.:p Bonnie

Lisa,
Unfortunately, I have a TON of experience with heart rates due to my adult son's "adventures" with both ventricular and atrial tachycardia. For those not familiar with the heart rate terms, tachycardia means rapid heart rate, and brachycardia means a too slow heart rate.

At 110 bpm, you are no where near any kind of danger zone. My son had his over 250 pbm at one point, and today he is doing just fine after getting his multiple rhythm problems fixed.

I am assuming you are in normal sinus rhythm, and not having atrial fibrillation. There are several things that can cause an elevated heart rate:
--anxiety
--abnormal blood sugar levels
--reaction to meds
--hormonal imbalances
--abnormal blood pressure

Sounds like you could have more than one of the above factors going on. However, you are not in a "danger zone" with the heart rates you indicated.

I know from both my son's and my own heart issues how stressful and upsetting all this is. I remember many times my son saying "I wish they could just fix this so I wouldn't have to worry any more."

They will get your meds figured out, and your body will adjust. In the mean time, you vent to us any time you want, and we'll all send you giant cyber hugs!

All my best,
--John
P.S. Bonnie, quit pickin' on my boy Ross! Otherwise we'll send you a cyber spankin'!!

Roseyln aka Ross

Roseyln aka Ross

Oh, NO, you are not getting out of it that easy..Scroll up about 13 posts and read Lisa's Chris, Chris, Chris..She's laughing her head off..:D John C...thought you and Roselyn had something going..but thanks for good info on pulse rate. :) :) Bonnie

Oh, by the way

Oh, by the way

Now I can look at Les's picture and not worry about my pulse beating hard.:D :D :D :D :D Bonnie

What a Group!!

What a Group!!

First off thanks for all the information on the heart rate and the blood pressure. John, you definately made me feel better. All the guys here are hot enough to get my heart going past 150! :)

So here's my question. What is the time frame on an average if you have moderate Aortic Reg. to get worse and how do you know if it is worse? I know that it is mostly asymptomatic but there must be something to give you a clue...besides the echo's and heart cath. I have my TEE mid March.

Sorry for being such a downer today wasn't great. I was at the hospital today with my best friend (of 15 years) she had a colonoscopy after having a CT Scan, MRI and Endoscopy. They had her in there longer than they thought. They ended up removing 6 polyps. The doctor said that it was highly unusual to find that many, that size especially in a 43 year old woman without a family history of it. Now, we must wait 2 weeks for the results. From what I have read on the internet and from the doctors body language (and what she danced around) it sounds like at the very least it could be pre cancerous. That scares me to death for her. So kind of down today.

Luckly I can watch the "Hottest people in the world" reality show, which is so so
stupid it makes me laugh. Who would put themselves through that????

Lisa

Lisa,
I wish the best for your friend. And, you're right, the 'Hottest" show can definitely boost your laughter quotient for the day!
Andy Warhol was correct in that everyone will get their 15 minutes of fame...(regardless of how much humiliation you want to endure...)

Isn't it Amazing!

Isn't it Amazing!

BARRETT,

Isn't it just amazing how many reality shows there are on T.V. now! Pretty soon that is all there will be. Plus they keep rasing the bar. Dating, adventure, Fear Factor now the sex stuff with the Hot show..What in the world do you think is next. Here is my prediction and you heard it here first...."God forbid" but I think it is impossible to stop now, someone will die on one of these shows then the restrictions will be enourmous and they will start to fade away. What do you all think?

Lisa:)

Fox News

Fox News

Never watch anything but Fox news on all day.. Told Ross, I was so bored with all the rain yesterday and turned on some show,,Jenny Jones..and was scary when young women in their 20's cannot count but can flash themselves. Something like if you were up 3 days how many hours would that be? She couldn't figure it out..UGG

Grannybone

Grannybone

that just shows how desperate and how much of a life I don't have that T.V. is my main entertainment. Pitiful isn't it..hahha Actually I am doing things now and have made a list "To Do" I am going to find a volunteer something I can do. I want to work with Service dogs or dogs for the disabled to train them as I have background in that area. Also, working on my new art, papercasting and mold making from clay, reading of course I love to read, now reading the Bible Code II and taking care of my husband and daughter when she is home. She is 6 hours away at Lubbock. Decorating Interior design and art are my main hobby and training my best friends German Shepherd puppy. So I guess not too bad.

But must admit guys we are T.V. junkies. Tonight is John Doe we love that, also Fastlane, Law and Order they are awesome and Regis is hosting for Letterman apparently he has shingles not just an eye infection.

Lisa

Re: Jenny Jones and shows like that. It reflects the dumbing down of America. It really glamorizes ignorance and stupidity.

We need every ounce of brain matter in this world. We should be venerating intelligence, not holding up some unfortunate person who has nothing to offer society but a flash here and there. I like a good joke the same as the next person, but I think there are too many of these shows featuring the weird and the unintelligent.

And now we have the shows featuring dangerous stunts done by inexperienced people. What an example for the young kids who watch them.

People who know how to use their brains will always have a niche in the job market. The rest, I just don't know.

What will happen to them when no one wants to look at what they're flashing? We'll all have to take care of them.

Sorry for the rant. Soap box, put away for now.:)

Lisa

Lisa

I think the volunteer work will do wonders for you. I help make quilts for our church members who have been sick or are being operated on. We meet two days a month but I'm a home quilter so I do alot of my work at home. I also belong to our benevolent team and I work funeral dinners. I also watch a lot of TV. I guess since I was a kid who was rather sick all the time with various problems including my heart I kind of used TV as my companion. I still like my sitcoms. I love Everybody loves Raymond, Friends, and Yes Dear and of course That Seventies Show. My dramas include Third Watch and as far as I'm concerned the best drama on TV is The West Wing. I also like Law and Order. I guess you can say that I'm a homebody. I don't mind being at home, in fact I really enjoy it. I don't watch TV during the day. I might have it on for the noise but that's it. I would rather listen to music during the day. I think it's because it gets me up and moving. I also love to read but I like suspense murder mysteries. I love James Patterson. Believe it or not my favorite book by him is not suspense. It is the most beautiful love story I have ever read. Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. Thinking about it right now makes my eyes well up in tears. If you like to read this book is wonderful. Do yourself a favor and read it. It is a real quick read. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to read on night. I wasn't going to read it because I am not into love stories. I don't know why I did but boy was I glad I did. My sister kept telling me to read it. It is wonderful and I am sure any mothers or grandmothers out there will enjoy it. Few books have a profound effect on me but this one did.

Last edited:
To pegne

To pegne

Pegne,

Boy do we have a lot in common! I love Everybody loves Raymond, Friends, and Yes Dear and CSI both Monday but especially the Thursday night show in Vegas.
My dramas include CSI and I agree that as far as I'm concerned the best drama on TV is The West Wing! I get excited when the music comes on! I also love Law and Order! I also love music, manily Christian contemporary, Yania Enia, John Tesh etc..

You said you were a benevolent team and I work funeral dinners. I was a grief therapist for parents who lost children in sudden accidents for 10 years.

Here are a couple of movies that are a must see: "the in laws" with Alan Arkin and Peter Falk it is old but you can rent the VCR. Also, you must see "the shawshank redemption" if you haven't it is a must. It is so full of hope and love. also Life is a house with Kevin Klien is Awesome and a movie full of hope and love.

Lisa

Lisa I have seen all those movies. You're right that are all good. Another good one is Rumors of Angels with Ray Loita? and one of the Redgrave sisters. Really good movie and a tearjerker. How did yu like My Big Fat Greek Wedding? I thought it was really cute. Although I have an Italian heritage, I can relate. I am mostly into Gospel music. I love Ray Boltz though.

Haven't seen Rumors of Angels but will have to check it out. I just saw my big fat Greek Wedding, I liked it but I think It was so built up by the time I saw it, I was kind of let down. But, don't get me wrong it was very enjoyable. Here is another Great one "Powder" Very uplifting about the human spirit.

Lisa

Latest posts

Back