Been out of the loop-Need to Vent

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Well here we go again!

I have been out of the loop much these past few days. Sorry just got home from the hospital. I have had a bad time last few days (since Feb. 13th) with blood sugar down to 33 and blood pressure up 173/116 pulse at 110. They are not sure if my heart valve is leaking more and what is happening with my blood sugar. I will be going in for a TEE Heart cath mid March and yesterday my primary care physcian said that there was fluid on my lungs and more crackling.

I am tired of hospitals and needles and don?t want to end up in the there again. I just have had a bad week health wise and I am sure your tired of hearing that cause I am tired of saying it, but yesterday and today were very very bad. My next door neighboor had to rush me over there yesterday again almost ended up having to stay in the hospital again. Still not totally out of the woods there but hopefully the next 48 hours will tell. Randy had to get up every 30 minutes to take my blood sugar. Will keep you up to date. Talk to you later. Praying for you and yours always. So they now have added another blood pressure medicine in addition to lislinpril. It is rather new called. Teveten?I take it with the lislinpril 20mg. of that a day and the new Teveten. Then they took me off the oral insulin, so I have to check my blood sugar every hour. My fingertips feel like
they have been through war.

Today the Blood sugar seems to be getting back in line since I am off the new insuln drug. BP is better with both blood pressure med's but my pulse is still running high, even from a sound sleep upwards of 90 and just goes up from
there. Last but not least, let's not forget THIS RINGING IN MY EARS (that was for you Chris.) It is driving me nuts!

Any Thoughts?

Lisa:

I have just a couple of thoughts:

1. You are an amazing woman.

2. You have great courage.

3. God is with you.

Marybeth

Vent away dear, you've been through so much and I wish I could just blow that "Big gray cloud" away from over your head. Since I'm only a miserable human, I can only pray harder for you and let God do that for the both of us. I know you hate the hospital and I'm right there with you. The mere mention of admission brings tears to my eyes every time. Why some people can get through this life with minimal problems and others are continuously having trouble is something I've never figured out. I'm sure we'll have our answers in time.

Mary Beth summed it up pretty darn good with her post, so I won't go into that, but do remember that you have a lot of friends that are praying for you at all times. You know I wish the best for you always. It will happen, it's just a question of when.

Lisa dear-

You have every right to vent as much as you want. You have many, many friends here who care about what is happening to you. I know you are very tired, and aren't feeling well at all. I've seen my husband in those circumstances.

You must never give up, NEVER. Somewhere, deep down inside of you, you must summon the will to give it all you can. Your help will come eventually. They need to do a little more testing on you, so just be tough and wait this short while. Then you will have your answers, and they can start to work on repairing what needs to be repaired. They have to get it just exactly right. Then it will be done the best way for you.

God bless.

Thank You

Thank You

You are all wonderful always there, always ready to listen to another "soap opera" adventure. I just hope I am there for you all as much. I appreciate it. I just think my hormones are wacko with my blood sugar and blood pressure up and down like a yo yo. Maybe if they could get the dosage right. Thanks again guys.

Love You
Lisa

Lisa, You know Im praying for you! Get well soon. I enjoyed our talk yesterday even if it was only 15 minutes this time. You keep your chin up and feel free to vent anytime you need to. I will be there for you girlfriend!

Wish I could be there

Wish I could be there

Lisa - If any of us were with you, we'd give you a big hug until this all gets better. I'm so sorry you're having a tough time. Its going to get better real soon, so don't dispair. I thought my ears were ringing, but I guess they were yours. I'm going to start discontinuing meds one by one until I find my culprit-this is driving me nuts, and I don't have half the discomfort you must have. We are all thinking about you. Chris

Hey Lisa! how are you? Vent away honey, vent away. We are all here for you and although I don't exactly know what you are going through with your lungs, I know it's frustrating having the hospital be your "home away from home." Hang in there, you'll do just great! Just remember that we are always thinking of you!
Joy

Hi Lisa!
Like everyone has already said, vent away. You are entitled to do a little venting. You are going through so much right now. I know it is frustrating, but don't give into to any of this. Keep fighting and you will come through like the trooper you are. I wish I could just make all of this go away for you, but I can't. It just seems like whenevery things start to go well, bam, you are hit with something else to deal with. I hope they get all your meds straightened out soon. You deserve to have some non-stressful times. I will continue praying for you.

Take Care!
Gail

I would be lost without you!

I would be lost without you!

I don't know what I would do without you guys. Do any of you have any idea why a persons pulse would keep running so high even if the blood pressure comes down.
It seems my blood pressure with this new medicine is back in check and my blood sugar, but my Pulse is still running high 90-110 all the time. Humm??? Any thoughts what would cause ones pulse to run high?

the fight

the fight

Hi Lisa,
I am not praying for you...because I know you will be fine. I find the trick is simply not wanting. Wanting it to be this way or that. Try saying to your self hemm intresting life I have isn't it and leave it at that.
Medtronic

To medtronic of borg & pegne

To medtronic of borg & pegne

Hey guys appreciate the support! I have always thought of myself as an ordinary person on an extrondinary experience. Guess I was right!

Lisa

High pulse

High pulse

Lisa - Not sure I'm qualified to reply, but reason for high pulse (besides corresponding with all of us good looking guys) typically is that because of heart inefficiencies, it has to work harder to keep the oxygen level in blood where it should be. Athletes with high aerobic capabilities, i/e/ marathoners, tend to have a very slow resting pulse.My resting pulse also tends to be higher than normal, and my cardio slows it down at night by prescribing Toprol. I think I remember you saying you can't take a beta blocker ? Better talk to your cardio and see what he says.Meanwhile, quit thinking about all of us guys ! Chris

chris, chris, chris

chris, chris, chris

Stop thinking about all you guys!!!!??????? How is that possible?

Lisa:D

Time for a picture of You Chris

Time for a picture of You Chris

79 posts. Put one up...:D :D Lisa..what is normal for an adult. Mine runs between..70-85.with low b/p like 129/76 Am I high, anyone..and No I don't mean on drugs for you smarty pants.:p :p Bonnie

To Granbonny

To Granbonny

Granbonny,

75 is normal for the average female adult. So it looks like yours is running very normal and your blood pressure is great. My Pulse runs on an average of 95-125 or more sometimes. Even from waking up from sleep which should not be. Now since I am on my new blood pressure medicine my BP is ok but my heartbeat, my pulse is not. Does that help?

Lisa

P.S. They can't help being a smarty pants. haha:) but their cute! and always there for you.

Hey Lisa, before I had my mitral valve replaced, my heart would beat between 90-135 BPM. The explaination was the same as what Chris gave you...except the good looking guys part:D He's very knowlegeable about the heart! By the way, that was my RESTING pulse! amazing, once you get your valve replaced, it will go back down to about 60-75 BPM, and then you'll feel better.

Latest posts

Back