Becky's Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BECKY

Hello to everyone,

This is not Becky, but her husband Gary. I am at home and just decided to keep you all informed via her user name.

The recovery is quite remarkable. The change and improvements from day to day are quite a process to observe.

She might possibly be discharged tomorrow (Sunday)!!!! This is wonderful news. The discharge may be delayed if Becky's blood levels are not at the "therapeutic level".

Let me make a correction to an error in my posting concerning Becky's surgery. I referenced in error a Pulmonary valve. In fact the third mechanical valve is the Tricuspid.

Becky is well and observant that she insisted that I correct my ways and post the correct information.

Well, onward to the hospital with very positive thoughts for Sunday.

Gary

My congrats to Becky and you for getting over the mountain, All the best for a speedy and uneventful recovery. And my positive thoughts for her to be home on Sunday, Getting home and in your own bed (or recliner) is a wonderful thing. All the best to you both in her recovery. God Bless!

Hello Gary----What wonderful news, and I'll bet you're both looking forward to it.....We're so glad for the two of you.....another mountain successfully climbed!!

Evelyn and Tyce

Becky and Gary
Great news. All the best for a speedy discharge, and continued super recovery.
-mara

Gary:

So glad to hear that Becky's surgery has gone well and her recovery so fast.

Leaving the hospital is definitely a celebration day!

Congratulations

Congratulations

Becky,

Congratulations on making it to the top of the mountain (for the second time) and for becoming the first triple-clicker, or at least one of the very few VR members with 3 artificial valves.

I'm glad to see Dr. Acker still has his touch. Your recovery seems to be a lot like mine was, even though yours was more involved.

Gary, thanks for posting and keeping us up to date. It sounds like you were a great support for Becky, too.

I'll be looking forward to seeing Becky's posts from home in the next couple of days.

Ron K

Dear Gary:

That is amazing! I am so glad for both of you, that the surgery went well, and that she is recovering so quickly.

Thanks also for the correction regarding which mechanical valve they installed. I wondered about it when I read your post, thinking that perhaps I had misunderstood Becky's original problem, or that it was a different problem when they got in to do the surgery. My husband has two mechanical valves, aortic and mitral. He now has a third severely leaking tricuspid valve, that they are trying to treat medically for as long as possible. So, I was most interested in how Becky came through with that leaking tricuspid valve. Thanks again. Go, Becky!

Marybeth

Great news about Becky, Gary-

I hope that she's home and safe in her bed or wherever she's most comfortable.

She did remarkably well with that very large surgery.

hi gary!
thanks for keeping us up to date on becky's progress. please wish her a speedy and smooth recovery and we look forward to hearing more good "recovery news" over the next few days.
be well, sylvia

Latest posts

Back