Bayer Microlet 2?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerrychuck

I ran out of the Unistik 2 extra lancets that came with my Alere meter, and my pharmacist gave me a sample setup of the Microlet 2 lancing device with a few lancets to try. I can't find anything that tells me what gauge the lancets are, except that they refer to device using "narrow gauge" lancets. These lancets are also silicone coated, which apparently has no effect on blood glucose testing, but coagulation testing isn't mentioned. It does have adjustable depth, however. Just wondering if anyone knows what the gauge of these lancets is, or if anyone has experience using this system. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just found one mention on Walgreen's website referring to these lancets as 28G

I ran out of the Unistik 2 extra lancets that came with my Alere meter, and my pharmacist gave me a sample setup of the Microlet 2 lancing device with a few lancets to try. I can't find anything that tells me what gauge the lancets are, except that they refer to device using "narrow gauge" lancets. These lancets are also silicone coated, which apparently has no effect on blood glucose testing, but coagulation testing isn't mentioned. It does have adjustable depth, however. Just wondering if anyone knows what the gauge of these lancets is, or if anyone has experience using this system. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just found one mention on Walgreen's website referring to these lancets as 28G

I was just looking at a box of Unistik2 Extra lancets that I have. The grade is 21G 0.81mm and the expiration date is: 2014-06. If you PM me with your address, I'd be glad to send these to you as I have never used them. It is a box of 50. Let me know.

That lancing device is okay. I have many. The lancets are probably too small for anticoagulation testing. You need 21 gauge. Set your lancing device to full depth, and you should be okay.

(I also have a LOT of 21 gauge lancets - PM me if you want some in addition to those that N Jean is offering you)

Back