Baltimore Running Festival

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tprice54

Our group of cardiac runners have picked the Baltimore Running Festival as our meet up for 2012. It is October 13th (an unusual Saturday event). The events include a full, a half (marathon) and team relay, which most of us do. I will post more info as it becomes available, but please think about coming to meet other heart patients who have returned to, or started up, running after their valve replacements. Last year at Akron we had over 30 people participate. Hopefully we can have an even bigger crowd in 2012.

I can't wait until I can get involved in these types of events - 2 weeks post-op tomorrow (02.01.12)...great idea, tprice54!!

Spartangator,
Are you in? Hope you can join us. My husband and I plan on going. Once I get my issues addressed and have clearance, half marathon training begins.

SB42 you have time! But if you can't run, please feel free to still join us...you'll still have fun!

nice subtle challenge Tom - LOL....I will add it to my bucket list for this year, pending all continues to go well with my recovery and ability to regain my active lifestyle...

Spartangator,
Are you in? Hope you can join us. ......Half marathon training begins.

You live in Austin, we could hook up for those long runs......You probably know some routes that would be good distractions, other than Lady Bird Lake.

Hey, I forgot, Bean Counter, Are you in?

I can't wait until I can get involved in these types of events - 2 weeks post-op tomorrow (02.01.12)...great idea, tprice54!!

The shortest leg of the relay is under 6 miles. Plenty of time for you to get to that level. Speed is of no consequence. Being there is everything.

Team Valvers running Baltimore,
Do you guys ever run events in the midwest?

Pick one and they will come. Cardiac Athletes web site is based in the UK, so there have been many meetups there. Of course, they aren't all valvers. In the US, the highest concentration is in the northeast but they are all over the country. So far they have done Vermont City, Jersey Shore, Wineglass (southwestern NY) and Akron OH. There are smaller meetups going on all the time, so pick an event with a team category and announce it to see who wants to come. Sometimes the meetups are just a couple people. One of the UK women from C.A. was in my area two years ago, so we did a trail run together.

I have never been much of a runner (unless on a soccer field), but I am very interested if I am able to make it... SB42 I'll expect to see you there too. lol

You live in Austin, we could hook up for those long runs......You probably know some routes that would be good distractions, other than Lady Bird Lake.

Hey, I forgot, Bean Counter, Are you in?

I have been on a break from running for a while...I got injured (nothing heart related) last year while training for the Chicago marathon and had to take some time off. During that time off, I decided to do some weight lifting to cross train and fell in love with that again. I used to be really into lifting back in the day (86-95), but eventually got burnt out. I set out some 6 month goals to reach by the end of March. I am looking to bench press 250-275..did 240 a few weeks ago. . Anyway, after I reach my goal at the end of March, I am looking to start running a bit more (currently doing 15-20 miles a week). This could be my next goal.

JeffF,

Thanks for adding to the challenge - LOL...If you are in, I am in...our families can follow one another, if your wife and 3 mo. old (at that time is up to it). If not, maybe you travel with us. Let's coordinate.

Scott

Great! Let's get some more people! BTW, there is a group meeting for the Cincinnati heart run on March 17!

Yes we do! Medtronics is the sponsor of Twin Cities, and has a program calledvGlobal Heroes. They invite runners from around the world to the race, the runners all have some medical condition which needs a device ( valve, insulin pump, ICD, etc.). Some of us here have run with Medtronics at Twin Cities....I did in 2007, 9 months post op.

Latest posts

Back